2021 White Sox draft selections and signings thread

southsider2k5

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

Smelley was just about to transfer right? Extra tears of eligibility meant college players had more leverage so it’s not clear we were under using bonus money.

Yea I think he is, but still not sure if he’s getting too much overslot even with the leverage.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Was hoping he’d throw out first pitch yesterday. Hope he gets a warm welcome!

@Y2Jimmy0 Great podcast with josh Nelson. The stats on that 15th rounder are hilarious.

To tack on @Y2Jimmy0, have you guys gotten any reports on the UDFAs?  With 10 less rounds there might actually be some talent there, no?

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

To tack on @Y2Jimmy0, have you guys gotten any reports on the UDFAs?  With 10 less rounds there might actually be some talent there, no?

Not really. They added some arms. Signing for $20K is a pretty shitty deal. I haven't really dug into the signings though. 

5 hours ago, bmags said:

Was hoping he’d throw out first pitch yesterday. Hope he gets a warm welcome!

@Y2Jimmy0 Great podcast with josh Nelson. The stats on that 15th rounder are hilarious.

Thanks man. It was fun. That dude played in like a small private school league. Just stupid numbers 

The White Sox bonus pool is $6,618,800. 

With Montgomery at slot, Kath at $1.8 million, McDougal at $850K plus the guys in rounds 6, 7, 8, 9 and the $25K overage for Butler, they have $846,600 left to sign Burke, Gosswein, Sommer and whatever other overages they have. 

If Burke is at slot ($618,200), that leaves $228,400.

I'll assume that Gosswein is $100K and Sommer is $10K. That leaves them like $100K before the overage to use for day three. I'm guessing that Edwards and Smelley could be more than $125K.

9 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The White Sox bonus pool is $6,618,800. 

With Montgomery at slot, Kath at $1.8 million, McDougal at $850K plus the guys in rounds 6, 7, 8, 9 and the $25K overage for Butler, they have $846,600 left to sign Burke, Gosswein, Sommer and whatever other overages they have. 

If Burke is at slot ($618,200), that leaves $228,400.

I'll assume that Gosswein is $100K and Sommer is $10K. That leaves them like $100K before the overage to use for day three. I'm guessing that Edwards and Smelley could be more than $125K.

There isn't really anyone left who is can demand much of a number, so the Sox probably won't even need to get into their overage this year.