All-Star Game Festivities , HR Derby and Game

Kind of surprised there was no thread for this already.

I love the All-Star Game and the festivities leading up to it. I guess the HR Derby is tonight so I turned on the MLB. app on my TV that I use to watch the Sox games and there is a program on from T Mobile leading up to the HR Derby and I just watched Hunter Pence talking to Castellanos and Tatis, Jr. on who they thought would win the HR Derby and where do they think the farthest HR will land.

Also saw Peyton Manning and Big Papi roaming around the field.

I am like a kid in a candy store when all the best players in baseball despite the opt outs are gathered all in one spot and looking froward to seeing the 4 Sox All-Stars perform with finger crossed .

Should be an epic HR Derby in Colorado with Ohtani, Gallo and Vladdy , Jr. and the others. Trevor Story could be the favorite since he is used to the elevation but Ohtani is the #1 seed.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Is it just me, or does the raw amount of homers everyone is hitting and the blistering pace given the timer actually make this boring?

Like you don't even get to enjoy each one flying, and when everyone is hitting 15-25, each one just doesn't feel significant.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eminor3rd said:

Is it just me, or does the raw amount of homers everyone is hitting and the blistering pace given the timer actually make this boring?

Like you don't even get to enjoy each one flying, and when everyone is hitting 15-25, each one just doesn't feel significant.

I feel the same!  Way too fast!  Can't focus on the ball traveling due to the quick pitch!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Yea it's a little different and you don't get to savor the really long ones. But I think I saw Story hit one that measured 518 ft. so that's pretty amazing and now it's Gallo to try to beat Story's 20.

8 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Yep, the pace is just too frenetic and they have too many graphics on the screen, so much going on. I feel like an old man getting upset and yelling "slow down!"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yea but it still beats Chris Berman no matter what they do.

Definitely true, oh man. Hopefully they'll find a middle ground.

I know that year that Harper kind of cheated and didn't wait for them to come down added so much drama as he made his comeback in the final, but it's less fun when we can't watch each of these go out.

• Like 1