2022 MLB Draft Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

17 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

People loved Trout on this board because there was a bunch of Aaron Rowand comps.

That's actually a pretty good comp considering how he played Center those first few years and that he was a HS SS right? And I am the anti-comp man.

Obviously he blew through the offensive projections, but nobody would ever nail that.

Just now, bmags said:

That's actually a pretty good comp considering how he played Center those first few years and that he was a HS SS right? And I am the anti-comp man.

Obviously he blew through the offensive projections, but nobody would ever nail that.

Yeah, pretty sure no one had Willie Mays as a comp.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I hate comps myself as well, but all you need to do to get some White Sox folks hot and bothered is utter "Aaron Rowand."

I was  going to ask the board if Rocker is available would you take?  Would you take if it required him in the majors this year?

For the record if I could get him at slot, I would take.  Maybe a little over slot.  I would not be willing to guarantee MLB but would agree to put him in AA and if performing move to AAA with an outside chance of MLB but it would require him performing.

Just now, BamaDoc said:

I was  going to ask the board if Rocker is available would you take?  Would you take if it required him in the majors this year?

For the record if I could get him at slot, I would take.  Maybe a little over slot.  I would not be willing to guarantee MLB but would agree to put him in AA and if performing move to AAA with an outside chance of MLB but it would require him performing.

If we could get him a slot, or even slot +our extra 5%, I would take him for sure, assuming his medicals check out.

55 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Absolutely. If he's there you have to take him. The draft is a crapshoot no matter what, and you likely won't find a major leaguer anyway, so roll the dice on talent. I don't think he will be, though.

Mayo mock.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-draft-july-13-2022?t=mlb-draft-coverage

26. White Sox: Tucker Toman, 3B, Hammond HS, S.C. (No. 35)
Toman is considered one of the best high school hitters in the class and the White Sox showed they were willing to change direction from previous Drafts and look at prep bats, like they did in taking Colson Montgomery last year in the first round.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I just don’t think they can swing that. I heard $3 million ask on Toman. He’s in either first round around slot or probably not happening. He’s an LSU commit 

Damn if there was only some way the Sox could have had more pool money or something.

• Like 2
  • Fire 4