ReyLo skipped at AAA: Spot start? Hug watch? stayed tuned

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, smellysox said:

I really wonder what happened to Lopez? In 2017 and 18 his stuff was better than Giolito"s. And many people - some here at soxtalk-  thought he would be better than Gio. Was it mental? Did his arm go bad? Sad to see such a talent go  so bad.

Seems between the ears.

10 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I was overly harsh on the guy and apologize to him and his colleagues here. Your response said everything for me.   I just have strong thoughts on Sox baseball and sometimes get a bit carried away.

I think a lot of us need to step back sometimes and recognize that these are real people behind the Twitter accounts(all social media really, including here).  Just a month and a half ago we as a site got raked over the coals on Reddit for a throwaway comment that, while in poor taste, was not what it was perceived to be.      

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think a lot of us need to step back sometimes and recognize that these are real people behind the Twitter accounts(all social media really, including here).  Just a month and a half ago we as a site got raked over the coals on Reddit for a throwaway comment that, while in poor taste, was not what it was perceived to be.      

What was that all about?  I missed it.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I agree with you sentiments in general with respect to anonymous posters, but not about the TLR post.  IMO, that was beyond being in poor taste.

12 minutes ago, tray said:

I agree with you sentiments in general with respect to anonymous posters, but not about the TLR post.  IMO, that was beyond being in poor taste.

I'm not gonna argue over it, the poster felt bad enough about it.  He apologized, and will very likely not say anything like that again

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

To be fair, reddit is generally a bunch of incels looking for the next thing to get outraged about

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, hogan873 said:

1-6 with an ERA approaching 8 in AAA.  I don't know which is more likely between spot starting or being traded.  Both seem...unlikely.  The Sox have better choices to spot start, right?  But then, who would want Lopez in a trade?

The same type of teams that want Carson Fulmer over and over. Or Kodi Mederios. 

Always enticing & teams think they can unlock something. He probably has more trade value than someone like a Rutherford or even some of our decent arms in the minors. 

3 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

The same type of teams that want Carson Fulmer over and over. Or Kodi Mederios. 

Always enticing & teams think they can unlock something. He probably has more trade value than someone like a Rutherford or even some of our decent arms in the minors. 

Exactly.  Guys with arms get second, third, and fourth chances.  We see it all over baseball.  They see the arms, and in the case of ReyLo, the previous history, however brief it was.  They'll take a chance on that.  No he won't be the centerpiece of a major deal, but he could possibly bring an expiring contract type of guy, or be a piece in a larger deal.