Lance Lynn locked up 2 years 38 mill + club option

soxfan49

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Absolutely beautiful. Fair contract. Gio lock up isnt as crucial and sox officially won the dunning trade. Great looks all around here.

Gio lock up would be about after 2023. Lynn and Gio are signed through that season. You have your window now. Go maximize it. 

• bmags pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Tony said:

I mean, this really makes the Dunning deal a HR. I think the Rangers did fine in the deal too, Lynn didn’t make sense for them in their rebuild…but Lance Lynn was a Top 3 pitcher in the AL in the first half and seemingly took an undermarket extension to stay with the Sox. 

It’s a good day. 

I remember when the preseason projections said Dunning would be as good or better than Lynn THIS season. That was fun.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The evidence that the players absolutely hate playing for Tony LaRussa just keeps piling up. 

He's forcing the players to sign against their will. It's worse than we thought. He's absolutely demonic.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The evidence that the players absolutely hate playing for Tony LaRussa just keeps piling up. 

To be accurate, Lynn was one of the guys with a past history Tony brought in, along with Hendriks via Tony's tainted Animal Project (the racist/ageist/toxic workplace lawsuit against remains ongoing) and his "franchise player"  Jake Lamb being the others.

Still not sure who the hell wanted Adam Eaton.

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

To be accurate, Lynn was one of the guys with a past history Tony brought in, along with Hendriks via Tony's tainted Animal Project (the racist/ageist/toxic workplace lawsuit against remains ongoing) and his "franchise player"  Jake Lamb being the others.

Still not sure who the hell wanted Adam Eaton.

He's white, so probably Tony La Racist

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Seems like a big risk to give up Cease and basically leave you an injury away from garbage next season…and Keuchel’s already on his last legs as it stands.   JR is not one to get rid of the cost controlled player in favor of the much more expensive and fading veteran.  

Last time a similar move happened was Daniel Hudson for Edwin Jackson, or the Todd Ritchie deal.  The other one, Bassitt and Montas hardly had any major league time.

Crochet seems much more likely.

Speaking of Daniel Hudson...how about a return to the SouthSide b4 the trade deadline?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Just popped in to see if the lineups were posted and holy shit!!!  The man fits on the SouthSide.  I love this deal!!!!  

That's how I approach the trade deadline.  I get on Soxtalk and look for the Orange hot topics. Doesn't matter to me what twitter is saying in the least.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The point is teams do always want starting pitching. It might be expensive crap starting pitching to you but a guy who can make all his starts and have a 4.00 ERA in the AL is quite useful to a lot of teams and they will trade prospects or a near MLB player for him. It's not unheard of.

We r spoiled now.  Dallas is a cromulent 4th starter that posts.  Sox just have a crazy rotation where he might be the weak link.

1 hour ago, BrianAnderson said:

Hell yes (Hawk voice)

We are now in the position of being THE lead dog in all of baseball. We've entered Tier 1 territory with this team for the next 2-3 years. 

Love, love, love having Crochet still as a 6 man rotation. Probably seals Rodon fate, but you have to just love this deal. I've been one of the biggest Rodon fan boys for 3-4 years now and I still even would prefer Lynn. You'll get 3 solid years out of him at a good price and someone will sign Rodon for 4/70mm and get less innings/WAR/production over those 4 and 70 than we'll get over 3/60 with Lynn. 

Big move. 

As others said - this opens up Stiever to be traded. Hell, Kelley too maybe. Good stuff. 

I don’t think this has any impact on Kelley as he’s a good three years away.  What this does is make it easier to move one of Crochet or Stiever and still have a halfway decent #6 guy heading into 2022.

• raBBit unpinned this topic