Luis Robert cleared for Rehab Assignment

maxjusttyped

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yeah but we knew Sunday Eloy was coming back. 

Not sure when exactly we did.  Pretty sure my post was Saturday so I was way ahead of the game lol 

Like I said.  My prediction for both Eloy and Robert is pretty educated and looking at the fact that the Sox are struggling mightily right now and need a boost headed into a huge series at home.  If it wasn't Cleveland at home I'd say Monday, but its Cleveland at home and we need him bad.  

4 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Not sure when exactly we did.  Pretty sure my post was Saturday so I was way ahead of the game lol 

Like I said.  My prediction for both Eloy and Robert is pretty educated and looking at the fact that the Sox are struggling mightily right now and need a boost headed into a huge series at home.  If it wasn't Cleveland at home I'd say Monday, but its Cleveland at home and we need him bad.  

This isn't a huge series though

8 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

This isn't a huge series though

In my mind it is.  We are a struggling team facing a team 8 back.  We get swept they will only be 5 back with momentum and the knowledge they can catch us.  We would then come out even more demoralized and could get in a rut making things worse.  

We win we can do the reverse to them. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Moncada said:

TLR announced before Sunday's game Eloy would be back. So I think around 1 or so. You could very well be right but it's odd that it hasn't leaked. 

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

He’s played 7 games, please don’t rush him, we saw the risk with Eloy already.

Not sure I understand what you are getting at. If Robert and Eloy stay down longer are they less prone to injury here ? Do they play with less intensity or not run as hard there as they do here ? And if that is the case how does playing with less intensity or effort prepare them to play with more effort ? They can get hurt just as easily in the minors as here but at least we could get a big HR for the Sox rather than with the Knights.

I understand the concerns specifically related to what happened to Engel and  I had to question how Engel played when he was rehabbing with Charlotte due to him stealing 4 bases and then coming back and getting hurt again. He had gotten to the point at Charlotte where he seemed to playing at full speed and testing his leg and passed the audition so it's not just a matter of saying leave them down longer and they won't get hurt again when they come back up. Injuries happen regardless of how long you rehab .

I also want Robert to use as much time as is needed before he comes back but relating that to injury prevention once he does come back doesn't compute. If the issue is Roberts torn muscle that injury will always be a concern in the future since we have heard many times the once a certain part of your body is injured it is more susceptible to being reinjured no matter how much one does to prevent it.

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not sure I understand what you are getting at. If Robert and Eloy stay down longer are they less prone to injury here ? Do they play with less intensity or not run as hard there as they do here ? And if that is the case how does playing with less intensity or effort prepare them to play with more effort ? They can get hurt just as easily in the minors as here but at least we could get a big HR for the Sox rather than with the Knights.

I understand the concerns specifically related to what happened to Engel and  I had to question how Engel played when he was rehabbing with Charlotte due to him stealing 4 bases and then coming back and getting hurt again. He had gotten to the point at Charlotte where he seemed to playing at full speed and testing his leg and passed the audition so it's not just a matter of saying leave them down longer and they won't get hurt again when they come back up. Injuries happen regardless of how long you rehab .

I also want Robert to use as much time as is needed before he comes back but relating that to injury prevention once he does come back doesn't compute. If the issue is Roberts torn muscle that injury will always be a concern in the future since we have heard many times the once a certain part of your body is injured it is more susceptible to being reinjured no matter how much one does to prevent it.

Granted, but if they didn’t blow it with Engel at first, we may assume they were probably exercising  all due caution because they are professionals. As we have seen many times, franchises don’t hold back the horses as much as they can or should.  The deal with Eloy’s groin is most likely fait accompli because of a long period of inactivity followed by a lack of a longer ramp up. Guys get hurt a lot more as they begin the year just because. His year only just begun (as it were). Anyway, I am certainly not an expert on hip flexor tears, but he is almost certainly coming back from it way quicker than you or I would. They can do that with all the therapy devices at their disposal to a certain extent. But he could probably use a more extensive ramp up to mirror a real spring training  post injury  comeback. Engel gave me pause. It was very surprising. He almost certainly came back too quick.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

15 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

It’s quite similar.  Don’t think he was going down the line as fast here as he was when he got hurt. 

9 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

yeah he was running about 75% looked like to me there.

I noticed that he got out of the box quickly but than slowed down at the end when he got closer to the base.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Lamb the IF makes more sense than Lamb the OF roster management wise.

Is there enough value there, as basically a 3B only infielder, on this roster? You'd be able to play a few guys at first still, and Leury up the middle. I don't know, just don't see how this shakes out, at all.

Just now, Capn12 said:

Is there enough value there, as basically a 3B only infielder, on this roster? You'd be able to play a few guys at first still, and Leury up the middle. I don't know, just don't see how this shakes out, at all.

I still think it is either him or Goodwin that is getting DFA'd here when Robert is ready.