Cruz traded to TB

soxfan49

4 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Hopefully his bat speed will slow down in October.

Cruz has torched us cause we keep throwing him hittable 4 seam fastballs. If you throw him cutters in the zone and sliders just out of it, he's nowhere near as dangerous as he has been against us. He's struggled against cutters for a while, I just think we didn't have enough pitchers who threw cutters this whole time he's been with the Twins until recently.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Cruz has torched us cause we keep throwing him hittable 4 seam fastballs. If you throw him cutters in the zone and sliders just out of it, he's nowhere near as dangerous as he has been against us. He's struggled against cutters for a while, I just think we didn't have enough pitchers who threw cutters this whole time he's been with the Twins until recently.

Paging Don Cooper…

41 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Hopefully his bat speed will slow down in October.

Or the Sox grow a brain and pitch around him when the situation calls for it.  He hits around .400 vs Sox pitchers

fucking make the adjustment

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

This is why the Sox need to be aggressive at the deadline and improve the team early enough to finish with the best record in the AL, to force the Astros and Rays to face each other in the ALDS, not just wait until the deadline because of the 8 1/2 game lead over Cleveland.

This is way premature, to be looking at matchups.  Who's to say we end up with the best record and the Rays end as a WC and we still get them in the ALDS?

Let the chips fall where they may, just get there healthy and most important have your rotation set.  In the playoffs, all the teams will have players of the caliber of  Nelson Cruz.

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

This is way premature, to be looking at matchups.  Who's to say we end up with the best record and the Rays end as a WC and we still get them in the ALDS?

Let the chips fall where they may, just get there healthy and most important have your rotation set.  In the playoffs, all the teams will have players of the caliber of  Nelson Cruz.

Home field advantage important regardless of matchups. Sox are much better at home compared to on the road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

This literally just puts them in a better position to compete with us.

Anyway, trying to keep a guy away from a team where he is a better fit is not a good strategy unless you have a ton of resources to trade, which we don’t. Our job is to fill 2b and get bullpen help.

Thanks Kenny.

• Haha 1

Man!  Sox fans pooping their pants, like my 2 year old, over a 41 year old DH.  It’s times like these that I’m happy that I live in Arizona and don’t have to deal with chicken little fans and the sky is falling Chicago media.  Bask in the glory that is the 2021 chisox and enjoy the ride 😎 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The White Sox have been way better at home than on the road and their splits are bigger than any of their competitors. So while picking an opponent may not be plausible yet…they should absolutely be thinking about home field advantage.

11 minutes ago, JPR said:

Man!  Sox fans pooping their pants, like my 2 year old, over a 41 year old DH.  It’s times like these that I’m happy that I live in Arizona and don’t have to deal with chicken little fans and the sky is falling Chicago media.  Bask in the glory that is the 2021 chisox and enjoy the ride 😎 

200.gif

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, JPR said:

Bye.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JPR said:

why are you lying to yourself that Cruz isn't arguably one of the best pure hitters in the AL?  How does a guy like that not make your lineup infinitely more dangerous

no, let's rely on rookies to not shit the bed when the lights are the brightest and the cameras are on nationwide

if you wanna say he would cost too many prospects, that's a perfectly reasonable opinion

but acting as if Cruz is just an old dude who puts up old man numbers is ridiculous and disingenuous, this trade makes Tampa Bay's lineup a shitload better

25 minutes ago, JPR said:

Ummm Jerry is that you?

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Really? These guys are 25. 

I actually didn't know Ryan was 25. These guys are pretty close to ML ready and that actually works out well for the Twins if they're trying to retool instead of full out rebuilld. 

30 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I actually didn't know Ryan was 25. These guys are pretty close to ML ready and that actually works out well for the Twins if they're trying to retool instead of full out rebuilld. 

Yeah they’re definitely MLb ready. Both will probably make starts for the Twins in 21, tho sounds like Ryan is off to the Olympics. Ryan did make the very backend of BA top 100 before the season. He is 25 tho. Seems like a solid return for 10 weeks of Cruz. 

3 hours ago, JPR said:

Welcome to Soxtalk!

I have to say it was disappointing to see how good of a return the twins got. I’d say they came out way better than say, when the tigers traded JDM.

Even though there wasn’t a whole lot of guys like Cruz available, I hope Sox can get some good deals this week.