Trea Turner

GreatScott82

49 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

you're giving up at least Kopech or Vaughn for TT

The Nats waited too long to get equivalent value in any trade for Trea.  Sox would pick up the balance of his '21 salary ($6.5 Mil.)  plus a bucket of balls. OK, they can have ReyLo back....and Adam Eaton if they can find him.

Edited by tray
  • Haha 1

Guys in the same vein as our beloved fake insiders I would like all credit for first speaking this into existence. As proof that I’m legit I once saw Jim callis in the airport and did not bother him out of respect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’m assuming Rizzo would want a TT replacement. My guess is that Madrigal would have to be in the package. That would hurt long term, but they can always pull off a Lance Lynn situation and lock him up before he hits the open market. I’m very intrigued by this...

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Turner is a luxury we unfortunately can’t afford.  Escobar still remains the most likely 2B addition and the rest of our chips should be used on the pen.

I disagree. Turner is the level of talent that papers over weaknesses. He is on an mvp level this year, and all we would need for next year and a half is set up men. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

I disagree. Turner is the level of talent that papers over weaknesses. He is on an mvp level this year, and all we would need for next year and a half is set up men. 

What is your trade proposal for Turner?  I don’t see how we get him without disrupting the major league roster.

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What is your trade proposal for Turner?  I don’t see how we get him without disrupting the major league roster.

Either Burger. Crochet, and a couple prospects or Madrigal. Crochet, and a couple prospects.  I'm not sure what Washington's needs are, but someone mentioned they'd probably want a replacement for Turner, and Madrigal would fit that.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure either package gets it done.

7 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Either Burger. Crochet, and a couple prospects or Madrigal. Crochet, and a couple prospects.  I'm not sure what Washington's needs are, but someone mentioned they'd probably want a replacement for Turner, and Madrigal would fit that.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure either package gets it done.

Madrigal, Crochet ++ definitely gets it done. The Sox would never do that tho. Nor should they. 

• Like 1

It would likely cost Crochet + Madrigal + smaller pieces.

That's a heavy bullet, but I would strongly consider if it Turner would play 2b.

If it takes Crochet + minor leaguers, then you do it 100% of the time.

I have 0 faith in Crochet. He's the #1 person I'd be looking to trade right now. For a Gallo or Turner type.

Oh man. This is the one. This is the one I'd back up the truck for. 

Jared Kelley, Burger, Sheets, Adolfo, ++? I have no idea the ask, but I'm pretty sure I'd do it. 

Turner could play 2b obviously, but even OF if you ever need/want an extremely talented OF in Turner, Robert, Engel combo late in a game or something. 

He's an incredible talent, and one, although costly, would really, really consider extending too. he'd demand a huge contract, but something like 5 years and 150. 

Just dreaming don't mind me or my takes on trade value or FA cost. 

• Like 1