Giants have discussed Bryant

southsider2k5

Cubs are gonna acquire some talent if they are eating the remaining money on these deals.  Otherwise I just can't see Bart moving.

I still fantasize about what our system could have looked like if Jerry ate 20 million in bad deals every year during the rebuild. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GREEDY said:

Cubs are gonna acquire some talent if they are eating the remaining money on these deals.  Otherwise I just can't see Bart moving.

I still fantasize about what our system could have looked like if Jerry ate 20 million in bad deals every year during the rebuild. 

Jerry did the opposite, trade international slot money so he could save chump change on player options/buyouts, and also forgo spending on international free agent bonuses. They also spent stupid money on closers, roiders and friends of Machado who couldn't play baseball anymore.

If I'm a Cubs fan, I want to eat the entire salary less the minimum, and maximize prospects for the next window.

• Fire 1