Dodgers Close to Landing Scherzer & Turner

Tony

8 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I don't think we will ever compete with these teams to be honest. It is an all-star team

It’s still a seven game series in baseball. Anyone they play has like at least 40% chance of knocking them off

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mqr said:

It’s still a seven game series in baseball. Anyone they play has like at least 40% chance of knocking them off

Got to get past Houston, TB, and BOS first. I think there is an argument right now we are the 4th best team in the AL. That could change if Eloy, Robert, and Grandal actually come back healthy and play at least average 

11 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Dodgers gonna get Scherzer and Turner LMAO….

Then two Turners playing side by side, until Seager returns.

Well, they’ve only got about five or six MVP candidates on that team.  And still in second place.

Writing would be on the wall with Corey out the door as a FA.

Dodgers would be closing on $270-275 million payroll, more or less…depending on how Bauer is being calculated.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I love that the Dodgers are doing to the Padres what the Yankees did to the Red Sox. Steal a player away.

The dick measuring contest in the NL West and AL East is immense. Both divisions might produce 3 playoff teams. 

7 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Got to get past Houston, TB, and BOS first. I think there is an argument right now we are the 4th best team in the AL. That could change if Eloy, Robert, and Grandal actually come back healthy and play at least average 

1st or 4th don’t matter. The only thing that matters is what team gets hot at the right time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, they’ve only got about five or six MVP candidates on that team.  And still in second place.

Dodgers would be closing on $270-275 million payroll, more or less…depending on how Bauer is being calculated.

Bauer’s getting paid but I think he’s going to get voided at some point

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sorry caufield. I know as a die hard padres fam this one stings. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I love that the Dodgers are doing to the Padres what the Yankees did to the Red Sox. Steal a player away.

Well, depending on how Bauer is adjudicated, they will be freeing up payroll…they already added Duffy and Scherzer, to go along with Kershaw, Buehler, Urias, Gonsolin, May (back next year), etc.

NBA Superteam Stuff.

Only weakness now is Jansen at the backend.  Probably add Kimbrel or Iglesias as insurance.  

Then add Verlander as well in the offseason.

The entire AL can’t compete with the NL West at the moment.

Not unless Sale comes back at 100%.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Well, depending on how Bauer is adjudicated, they will be freeing up payroll…they already added Duffy and Scherzer, to go along with Kershaw, Buehler, Urias, Gonsolin, May (back next year), etc.

NBA Superteam Stuff.

Only weakness now is Jansen at the backend.  Probably add Kimbrel or Iglesias as insurance.  

Then add Verlander as well in the offseason.

The entire AL can’t compete with the NL West at the moment.

Not unless Sale comes back at 100%.

If I see another person say any given playoff team can’t compete with another I’m gonna lose it I tell ya