2021-22 NBA Thread

19 minutes ago, bmags said:

DeRozan would need to play wing while Patrick Williams hopefully develops some aggression.

I don't think it's an amazing fit, but because Zach has range, and because Vucevic has range, and maybe Ball's streaky 3pg is real, that should give DeRozan room to work. I think he was attractive in how he played in SA more than Toronto. 

But yeah...can 4 top 26-35 players win an nba championship? lol.

I think Ball's 3pt shooting is definitely real. He shot 38% on 8.3 3PA per game. That's a good percentage on high volume. They also weren't all just catch and shoot opportunities. He can hit those off the dribble. 

Bulls can sign and trade Lauri to give them more flexibility and than as they will be operating as an over the cap team, I think they have the MLE and the RMLE available.  Could one be DRose and the other...I don't know.  I also don't know what that means or THeis - but I think it means they can go over the cap to get Theis (just a matter of do they hit luxury tax levels).  

9 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Bulls can sign and trade Lauri to give them more flexibility and than as they will be operating as an over the cap team, I think they have the MLE and the RMLE available.  Could one be DRose and the other...I don't know.  I also don't know what that means or THeis - but I think it means they can go over the cap to get Theis (just a matter of do they hit luxury tax levels).  

Theis went to Houston

Edit: Just saw that was "working on" not completed, but still.

Lonzo's efficiency as a scorer increased last year which was great.  He played more off the ball with Zion touching it so much, will be awesome to see if he can increase his assists back to how they were earlier in his career while also showing his scoring ability.  He really does want to get better and does it quietly.  I'm pretty excited to see what they can do even though a title is still a pipe dream.

13 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'm okay with this risk. He's a good fit and hopefully he can be one of those PG's who took a few years before he really hit his peak (and that peak is to come).  

Yeah even though I don’t know how it works out, nothing about signing ball with what they paid or traded for him prevents a long term shift if they just can’t work with Zach and Vuc are such duds together 

I actually like how the Bulls have used the cap space / roster flexibility here. Operating above the cap is huge - they could go resign Lauri if they wanted to - plus get the MLE for a guy like Rose and the RMLE and than maybe add a Javal McGee as a glue guy late off the bench.  I like that usage - or they can pivot Lauri and Thaddeus for other parts they like more (in terms of fit). 

If somehow they add Derozan - I don't mind the fit - he's a good passer, and can play defense. I know Miami/Lowry are trying to recruit Derozan but I don't know that Miami can offer anything more than the MLE and Bulls could get him more.  If you add Derozan and Ball (plus MLE/RMLE) - that is a heck of a lot better passing team and a much upgraded defensive team.  

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Reminder that if you think you have an interesting opinion about something not related to the nba offseason you can find other places to talk about them.

Did you just delete an off topic caulfield post or something?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Did you just delete an off topic caulfield post or something?

I thought about offering people to PM caulfield should they have the urge to bring in geopolitics to basketball threads  but thought people may do it.