2021-22 NBA Thread

25 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

To me it is going to be tough to judge Williams. He is easily the last option in the starting line up with mainly guys who like to take the ball themselves. He would be perfect off the bench IMO, we need a defensive PF in the starting line up or one that can stretch the defense with the 3 ball better than Williams can. 

I think Williams' 3-pt shot is good enough to keep the defense honest. He's still got a way to go before making much of an impact. I'm ok with him as the starting PF for now. Javonte Green has been impressive as a PF so far.

Zach having a bad shooting night and they're up 25 after 3. I think that might be one of the biggest differences with the team this year. There's so many good scoring options that if LaVine has a bad night, DeRozan, Vooch, and Lonzo can pick him up. 

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Was at the game yesterday. Atmosphere was great. This teams is already so much better than the recent teams. It's amazing how fast AKME was able to shed the Garpax stink. The team's ball handling, athleticism, and defense is noticeably improved. I know the opponents have been garbage so far, but it's been so fun to watch. 

I see Lavine and Vuce can score at every level and they have more scorers now who can help carry the load that haven't existed for years, not even the Rose-era Bulls. I'm wondering how their defense is going to hold up against better opponents but I think the offense is legit. The team so far - necessary caveat - is a little more complete than I thought. The pieces might not fit together perfectly but they seem to work.

I didn't watch any Bulls games last year (not intentionally, they just weren't on national TV and I didn't have League Pass) so I haven't seen Lavine play in a while, he's improved a LOT. He's the best 2 the team has had since you-know-who. I don't think there's anything he can't do on the floor at this point.

4 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

This team is so much more fun to watch

Heck yeah - ugly finish and still win by a ton. Lavine with a bad night and you have a 31 point lead in 4th quarter…stellar. 

Derozan with a real nice game and defense remained stellar. Pistons are terrible though. 

4 hours ago, ron883 said:

I think Williams' 3-pt shot is good enough to keep the defense honest. He's still got a way to go before making much of an impact. I'm ok with him as the starting PF for now. Javonte Green has been impressive as a PF so far.

He has nice touch but looks so slow by my eye test. He got heavy between off-seasons which looked like the plan as they want him playing more four but still - I’d like to see more quickness. His mid range is nice - need aggression though. 

2 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Looks like your Ball love may be panning out too. It seems like he has a new much better form for his shot.

His shot looks quick but he has to learn from Lavine and Derozan and become better at finishing in and around paint. That is what takes him next level. That d is sick and he is so lethal in fast break with guys running. 

The block he had in first half was sweet. 

55 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Ok - I was worried something more to it.  I can live with that.  I will admit - the vets played more than I would have liked given two of those wins were blowouts.  

I'm not surprised though, with there only being 4 preseason games now.