2021-22 NBA Thread

Oh geeze.  I just hope Lavine is okay.  Team has to use these two drubbings as a way to get back grounded and get back doing the little things right, especially knowing that Zach is clearly out for at least a while (hopefully we get good news and it isn't anything serious and he can come back fast).  

Just saw the video - hopefully it is good news that he walked off pretty okay (without help) but who knows.  Also - for the teammates these can be the types of things when they happen in a game where the team just loses focus (and can partially explain a drubbing). Would love to see a run in them in the 2nd half so they don't have back to back 30 point losses to 2 of the best teams in the NBA.  

14 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I am hoping Zach’s injury gets confirmed as mild and we are looking at a 1-3 week timeline vs 1-3 months. At this point can’t be major structural - so either meniscus or more normal swelling/slight strain is my guess. Hopefully just slight strain. 

My guess is he'll be out a few weeks like DJJ. 

13 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I get too many Rose flashbacks though. I remember when he had the meniscus tear and I got all excited yet he still missed the whole season (despite fact other players had came back from similar injury in 10-20 days). 

Yeah, the way Zach lands on some of his dunks and layups makes me a bit weary. Granted, he doesn't drive to the rim as much as Rose did. 

13 minutes ago, chw42 said:

My guess is he'll be out a few weeks like DJJ. 

Fantastic news. Let’s hope a bit of rest and than he is good to go rest of the season!!! Comes at a tough time for Bulls given how many back to backs they have. NBA should have extended season or cancelled some games. Putting this much on players is a disaster waiting to happen.