2021-22 NBA Thread

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Almost had a nice win. Ayo played great, a little too much ball hogging by Derozan down the stretch.

Yeah - Demar got too ball hog. Would have been a real nice short handed win. Real tough cause it gets no easier with Memphis on Monday. This would have been a nice one. 

Ayo and White played real well. 

No official timeline - but lonzo has none contusion in his knee. Will likely miss at least 2-4 weeks. 

Bright side is he should be back after the all star break? I also think Caruso and Green might be back on Wednesday (unless they hold them out for one more). Haven’t see anything yet on Lavine but I am guessing if playoffs he would play but Bulls will probably go on safe side and hold him out a min of 7-10 days. 

Not to say there is really a bright side to how hard Bulls have been hit - but It gives Ayo and White more time to shine and show what they are capable of. The person who really needs a rest is Derozan. He has hogged too much lately and despite losing Lavine for a bit needs to be more unselfish. 

Vuc has had a few rough ones too - needs to step it back up. I still think Vuc ends up getting traded a year from now as Bulls look to continually upgrade roster. 

10 minutes ago, Quin said:

Can we please switch Marko and Ayo's contracts somehow.

I am hoping the Illinois connection and just how he bonds with his teammates somehow helps make it happen. But Ayo is legit.  Like real legit. I know his FG % is good too - but as he cleans up his form he has a real high upside.  Kind of reminds me a bit of a poor man's Donovan Mitchell to some extent and how he just came out of the nowhere that 1st season.  I'm not saying he is Mitchell - but for whatever reason reminds me a bit of him.  

Honestly - right now - while I like Ball - I think him and Vuc might be the odd men out in 1-2 years when the Bulls look to package and move up for more starpower.  That said - I want Ball to get back and get his consistent minutes and than really work with Derozan and Lavine on his half-court game and inside 3 game. If he can develop something remotely there - than he just takes things next level (cause he is a great 3 & D guy - but there is so much more to his ceiling if he wants to take it there).

Coby White has become a good basketball player. He has learned to finish around the hoop and while he is not a great pg he is a much better, controlled playmaker and his defense is much improved as well. He just looks like a different player from his first 2 years. As much as I blasted last years PG experiment (in terms of his production)…that process did make him stronger. 

• Like 2

Evidently Lavine treatment going well - he will miss at least next three games but good progress as a whole. Lonzo still a total unknown as he didn’t respond well to initial treatment. They changed things up and now wait and see if he responds better to the new treatment. 

In long run maybe this rough patch/injuries will turn into a blessing in disguise because it further accelerated Ayo and White’s growth. 

Ball movement today when Ayo, Caruso, and Demar were out there together was just beautiful. 

The defense in the final 4 minutes tonight was stellar. God we missed Caruso as that defensive anchor. Everybodies defense instantly elevated having our stopper back on the court. 

PS: I love me some Stacey King! I loved Hawk and it is great having a fun biased announcer for the Bulls who understands the game too. Makes it all around fun. I know some don’t like him but so glad Bulls have him calling games. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

The defense in the final 4 minutes tonight was stellar. God we missed Caruso as that defensive anchor. Everybodies defense instantly elevated having our stopper back on the court. 

PS: I love me some Stacey King! I loved Hawk and it is great having a fun biased announcer for the Bulls who understands the game too. Makes it all around fun. I know some don’t like him but so glad Bulls have him calling games. 

Stacy isn't the PBP guy though. It's far more tolerable coming from the analyst role.

Lonzo with a small meniscus tear, they're getting further diagnosis. That probably kills any Coby trade proposals - which AKME is supposedly backing off to begin with.

Positive outlook: That's about that the easiest/quickest knee tear to come back from depending on the severity. It's also going to force more development time on Coby and Ayo.

Negative: This team needs to gel before the playoffs, man.

Trade chips are basically DJJ, Troy Brown, second rounders, and the Portland pick. 

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Lonzo with a small meniscus tear, they're getting further diagnosis. That probably kills any Coby trade proposals - which AKME is supposedly backing off to begin with.

Positive outlook: That's about that the easiest/quickest knee tear to come back from depending on the severity. It's also going to force more development time on Coby and Ayo.

Trade chips are basically DJJ, Troy Brown, second rounders, and the Portland pick. 

such a bummer. I don't think we've had a single game where all of our starting 5 + Coby were available.

With Ayo playing like Ayo is, I wonder if he can actually be the piece that gets us a starting 4. We do have ample guards.

40 minutes ago, Quin said:

The only positive out of this is that Ayo and Coby will get way more playing time. If Caruso is healthy, Ball is not as big of a loss. But if both of them are out, our defense fucking sucks. Ayo has been good enough defensively on guards and small wings that I think he can pick up some of the slack there, but Ball's ability to guard just about anyone but a 7 footer will be sorely missed.