2021-22 NBA Thread

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Absolutely awful. My heart skipped a beat when I saw that. All my anger I had right as it happened wasn’t enough. 

This team went from being a contender for the top seed to being maybe a play-in tournament team in the span of a week. Fuck this man. I can't believe we've lost 2 guys this year cause of flagrant fouls. Fouls like Allen's needs a much harsher penalty. Play like that has to be discouraged beyond getting ejected.

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

This team went from being a contender for the top seed to being maybe a play-in tournament team in the span of a week. Fuck this man. I can't believe we've lost 2 guys this year cause of flagrant fouls. Fouls like Allen's needs a much harsher penalty. Play like that has to be discouraged beyond getting ejected.

Let’s not go that far (in terms of play-in game). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Let’s not go that far (in terms of play-in game). 

With how close the East is bundled up, the difference between the 7th seed and the 3rd seed might not be that much. Hell, right now the difference is only about 3 games. 

49 minutes ago, chw42 said:

With how close the East is bundled up, the difference between the 7th seed and the 3rd seed might not be that much. Hell, right now the difference is only about 3 games. 

There’s a decent chance the Bulls and Bucks match up in round 1.

Rough stuff man. At least Lavine is coming back and they have some depth with Coby and Ayo. If Ayo and Coby play like the had been before the Bucks game, I think they'll be alright. 

Side bar, I really wish the Bulls could find a way to get Thad back. Couldn't they hypothetically do a 3 team deal where Thad gets sent to a team and they buy him out so he could go to the Bulls? Bulls can't sign him if the Spurs buy him out correct? 

6 hours ago, scs787 said:

Rough stuff man. At least Lavine is coming back and they have some depth with Coby and Ayo. If Ayo and Coby play like the had been before the Bucks game, I think they'll be alright. 

Side bar, I really wish the Bulls could find a way to get Thad back. Couldn't they hypothetically do a 3 team deal where Thad gets sent to a team and they buy him out so he could go to the Bulls? Bulls can't sign him if the Spurs buy him out correct? 

It seems too difficult. But yes basically he needs to go to a third team, be released, then I think they can sign him.

7 hours ago, scs787 said:

Thad would indeed need to be traded elsewhere or be released & sign somewhere else before the Bulls could re-acquire him.  I would welcome him back but I don’t know how plausible such a scenario really is.  

Shit - I thought he was out 6-8 weeks…dude doesn’t get evaluated for 6-8 weeks. 11 weeks from now is when playoffs start. This has a shot at being a season ended. 2 flagrant fouls - 2 broken wrists - bulls need an enforcer on their bench. I was upset that no one got in Allen’s face right after the foul. 

23 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Shit - I thought he was out 6-8 weeks…dude doesn’t get evaluated for 6-8 weeks. 11 weeks from now is when playoffs start. This has a shot at being a season ended. 2 flagrant fouls - 2 broken wrists - bulls need an enforcer on their bench. I was upset that no one got in Allen’s face right after the foul. 

At the very least, Allen needs to go down really hard next time they play the Bucks.

3 hours ago, Quin said:

"Niko? How would you like a return to Chicago?"

I am not going to lie - I was googling Niko a week ago. He would be such a good fit for this team - especially with how his D came around. That said I don’t think he ever liked being in the US. 

42 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I am not going to lie - I was googling Niko a week ago. He would be such a good fit for this team - especially with how his D came around. That said I don’t think he ever liked being in the US. 

I think he liked Chicago until all the drama exploded. Then he wasn't hot on the NBA.

I don't care how many guys are out...you can't be losing by 16 to Orlando at half while scoring 37 points. Half of those are from DeRozan. Vucevic needs to stop playing like a little b****. WCJ is absolutely destroying him in the paint.