2021-22 NBA Thread

Just now, Vacheron said:

The NBA has a rules problem. 

One dude puts a guy in surgery with a long term recovery: 1 game suspension. FFS

Realistically, how many games should they suspend Allen? 3 games? 5 games? They can't suspend him for 2 months, that's not gonna happen. 

31 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Realistically, how many games should they suspend Allen? 3 games? 5 games? They can't suspend him for 2 months, that's not gonna happen. 

10 games.  It was a dirty cheap shot that potentially ended a player’s season.   There have to be repercussions.

I've given Vucevic the benefit of the doubt most of the year despite him being basically a below average starter all season, but it's hard not to fault him when he drops a game this bad against the worst team in basketball and gets humiliated by the guy that we traded to get him. With so many injuries, you need a guy like Vucevic to step up, but he's done the exact opposite. DeMar was basically out there playing by himself tonight on offense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I've given Vucevic the benefit of the doubt most of the year despite him being basically a below average starter all season, but it's hard not to fault him when he drops a game this bad against the worst team in basketball and gets humiliated by the guy that we traded to get him. With so many injuries, you need a guy like Vucevic to step up, but he's done the exact opposite. DeMar was basically out there playing by himself tonight on offense. 

I never watched him in Orlando so I don’t know if it’s age catching up or what, but he’s shown time and again he’s incapable of stepping up and being a 2nd option for this team when needed.  

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I never watched him in Orlando so I don’t know if it’s age catching up or what, but he’s shown time and again he’s incapable of stepping up and being a 2nd option for this team when needed.  

He's dead to me. I know he's the only length we have, but there are better stretch big men you can sign in the future to get similar production for way less than what they're paying Vucevic. 

• Like 1

They are in a bad place right now - especially with Ayo being off the past couple games. They basically have 2 people scoring (White and Derozan). Vuc is clearly not a LT part and they need to package him for others but the depth is just so thin.  They need Lavine back but also have to be careful. Right when it was getting back with Caruso coming back and than more to come we went right back to non-existent depth.  

Hopefully this was the last of the major injuries and we get back to getting guys healthy and start chunking together a stretch with more wins than losses. I still say I would give Derozan some extra rest - basically throw one more game - than be ready when Zach comes back.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He's dead to me. I know he's the only length we have, but there are better stretch big men you can sign in the future to get similar production for way less than what they're paying Vucevic. 

I understood the trade strategically though I hated giving up 2 picks, but Vuc just doesn’t look like a viable piece going forward.  Defensive liability on most nights and if his shot isn’t falling he’s pretty worthless outside of defensive rebounding.  I’d be happy to see him moved / replaced with a higher calibre athletic 4/5. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

They are in a bad place right now - especially with Ayo being off the past couple games. They basically have 2 people scoring (White and Derozan). Vuc is clearly not a LT part and they need to package him for others but the depth is just so thin.  They need Lavine back but also have to be careful. Right when it was getting back with Caruso coming back and than more to come we went right back to non-existent depth.  

Hopefully this was the last of the major injuries and we get back to getting guys healthy and start chunking together a stretch with more wins than losses. I still say I would give Derozan some extra rest - basically throw one more game - than be ready when Zach comes back.  

I think all of the injuries have taken a toll mentally, especially after losing AC long term.  Hopefully Zach and Javonte return tomorrow and provide the lift everyone needs. 

I was gonna go to San Antonio to watch this team next Friday, but now I'm not sure I want to spend my money and risk getting COVID to watch a team this bad. Getting blown out by the Warriors and Nets? Fine. Getting blown out by the Magic? Unacceptable.

9 hours ago, Quin said:

I know DeMar sites Vuc as a reason for him being here, but dude needs to justify it with his own production. God damn.

Also, Bucks digging the hole: 

Bucks social media and PR teams really showing their ass over the weekend with some really classy tweets/press releases.  If you thought the Bucks were unlikable before…

14 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Bucks social media and PR teams really showing their ass over the weekend with some really classy tweets/press releases.  If you thought the Bucks were unlikable before…

Can excuse the donut thing in retrospect when it turned out to be a scheduled tweet with unfortunate timing. That shit stings - stuff like that easily could slip through a crack, especially on a weekend.

However, the other stuff, I agree.

12 minutes ago, Quin said:

Can excuse the donut thing in retrospect when it turned out to be a scheduled tweet with unfortunate timing. That shit stings - stuff like that easily could slip through a crack, especially on a weekend.

However, the other stuff, I agree.

That rationale could be 100% true and the donut tweet slipped through the cracks, but it stayed up for half the day before being taken down.  And Bucks official Twitter was out blocking people that called out the tweet, including a few affiliated Bulls media accounts.  Makes it seem far less a poorly timed accident.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

That rationale could be 100% true and the donut tweet slipped through the cracks, but it stayed up for half the day before being taken down.  And Bucks official Twitter was out blocking people that called out the tweet, including a few affiliated Bulls media accounts.  Makes it seem far less a poorly timed accident.  

Right? They had the time to block accounts, but no time to delete the Tweet? Even if Caruso didn't get injured, they should have known to take it down long before that news. Instead they stood their ground and blocked people for calling them out. 

42 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Right? They had the time to block accounts, but no time to delete the Tweet? Even if Caruso didn't get injured, they should have known to take it down long before that news. Instead they stood their ground and blocked people for calling them out. 

Exactly.  Which makes that explainer tweet calling it scheduled seems like some bogus ass-covering after the fact.  It could have been a total coincidence that a scheduled tweet featuring the prime suspect in Bulls fans ire slipped through the morning after the incident.  I can buy that.  But it’s a bit too coincidental IMO, and the social media team doubled down instead of quietly taking it down and not pouring salt into the wound.  And to follow it up with the PR statement in defense just reveals how classless the Bucks org is.  

36 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Exactly.  Which makes that explainer tweet calling it scheduled seems like some bogus ass-covering after the fact.  It could have been a total coincidence that a scheduled tweet featuring the prime suspect in Bulls fans ire slipped through the morning after the incident.  I can buy that.  But it’s a bit too coincidental IMO, and the social media team doubled down instead of quietly taking it down and not pouring salt into the wound.  And to follow it up with the PR statement in defense just reveals how classless the Bucks org is.  

Just to clarify, the tweet I linked is from the Executive Director of Content Strategy for the White Sox and Bulls. 

18 minutes ago, Quin said:

Just to clarify, the tweet I linked is from the Executive Director of Content Strategy for the White Sox and Bulls. 

Ah.  I had previously seen that tweet but didn't click on the account and mistook him for having Bucks affiliation.  I stand correct there.

In the statement you bolded I'm referring to the actual Bucks press statement defending Allen tweeted out by Vincent Goodwill.

15 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Ah.  I had previously seen that tweet but didn't click on the account and mistook him for having Bucks affiliation.  I stand correct there.

In the statement you bolded I'm referring to the actual Bucks press statement defending Allen tweeted out by Vincent Goodwill.

Oh yeah, that's some wack shit, same for Jrue.

• Like 1