2021-22 NBA Thread

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Just nuked value of the Portland pick.

43 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

They're asking for a first + "quality" player. Is Coby + Portland pick enough for Poeltl? 

Do that plus Brown for Schroeder - do we feel like that's enough?*

*Once everyone returns in 5-7 weeks.

46 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Poeltl doesn't seem like the kind of guy that will work next to Vucevic. He'd solve a lot of rebounding problems, but he'd create a ton of spacing problems at the same time on offense. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Just nuked value of the Portland pick.

They're asking for a first + "quality" player. Is Coby + Portland pick enough for Poeltl? 

Do that plus Brown for Schroeder - do we feel like that's enough?*

*Once everyone returns in 5-7 weeks.

Poeltl would be a nice get, but he doesn't solve the hole at PF and I doubt he can play with Vuc.  Covington going to LA is kind of a bummer as I think he would fit in nicely here.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Poeltl doesn't seem like the kind of guy that will work next to Vucevic. He'd solve a lot of rebounding problems, but he'd create a ton of spacing problems at the same time on offense. 

Yeah, agree with you on Poeltl.  Good get as a backup C, but I don't think he fits as a PF or playing with Vuc.

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

My guess is Billy likes DJJ a lot and giving Vuc rest would result in more Good Vuc than Bad Vuc?

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Clippers are extremely loaded at the 4. They have Ibaka, Covington, Batum, and Marcus Morris. With how much their tax bill is, you'd think they would buy one of them out. 

I see an Ibaka buyout before anything else.  Unless they can find a taker for Batum without attaching assets.

24 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Really like that Vucevic is stepping up recently. This is the guy that they thought they were getting from Orlando. 

He has been amazing. Basically has shut me up the past 3 games or so. If the Bulls get this Vuc come playoff time, they'll be a tough out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chw42 said:

Vucevic had a huge game because the Pacers didn't have anyone over 6'8 to guard him. He needs to play well on Sunday against Embiid so Billy can coach at the all-star game.

I hope to see Billy try to exploit Vuc’s size mismatch more often and mix up how much he’s down low and up top playing passer.  He is really skilled in the paint and not a lot of guys can stop him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I hope to see Billy try to exploit Vuc’s size mismatch more often and mix up how much he’s down low and up top playing passer.  He is really skilled in the paint and not a lot of guys can stop him. 

Yep. Vuc wasn't doing this when he had mismatch problems earlier against other teams. He has played very well recently the biggest key is he's knocking down his threes now.

I feel like this may be the first bulls team I can remember that hasn’t pit its vets vs rookies/young players. Obviously many of those teams were successful, but it is a pretty fun atmosphere when they are all embracing what the rookie can do and pushing him up vs out of the way.

• Like 2