2021-22 NBA Thread

13 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Why are we not giving Marko any run? Seems like he is playing well in the G league

G-League is good practice, but lots of dudes shine in the G-League.  He’s still needs development time IMO, and I’m not even sure he’s NBA caliber. 

Good stuff from Steph Noh, though it sounds like bulls are still behind in bidding for Poeltl's services

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/hidden-gems-jakob-poeltl-is-the-best-center-that-nobodys-talking-about/1acr9r7wz5mg913hug0jnr42sk

I like AKME's player evals though, they are on a different board for player acquisitions than everyone else.

15 minutes ago, bmags said:

Good stuff from Steph Noh, though it sounds like bulls are still behind in bidding for Poeltl's services

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/hidden-gems-jakob-poeltl-is-the-best-center-that-nobodys-talking-about/1acr9r7wz5mg913hug0jnr42sk

I like AKME's player evals though, they are on a different board for player acquisitions than everyone else.

Yeah, ever since the Schroeder/Poeltl rumors emerged, they make so much sense. This becomes your top 11 when healthy:

Lonzo/Schroeder
LaVine/Ayo
DeMar/Caruso
DDJ/Javonte/Williams (being brought back slowly)
Vuc/Poeltl

Problem is, you essentially need to turn Coby, Brown, and very limited picks into Poeltl and Schroeder. That's a tall order.

With McKinnie, Hill, Thomas, Cook, and Bradley as depth, assuming none are traded. Vuc and DeMar get much needed rest and there's plenty of defense.

Bulls made that way closer than it ever should have been at the end. That said - this crappy defensive play is getting really old. I don't care that Caruso and Ball are out - they shouldn't be this bad defensively.  Zach, White, and Lavine played very well - Vuc - not so much.  

9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Bulls made that way closer than it ever should have been at the end. That said - this crappy defensive play is getting really old. I don't care that Caruso and Ball are out - they shouldn't be this bad defensively.  Zach, White, and Lavine played very well - Vuc - not so much.  

They should absolutely be the is bad defensively when they are missing arguably three of their best defenders in Williams caruso and ball plus DJJ.

4 minutes ago, scs787 said:

That Portland pick looks bad right now. When is it not protected? 

Well, here's a saving grace:

The pick is extremely valuable to Portland in this case, because they can't trade any first round picks to improve their team until 2028. Then it turns into a 2nd rounder.

If the Bulls are looking at Poeltl, they may as well get in on the Trail Blazers firesale and look at Nurkic.