2021-22 NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

At this rate, if the Kings want to be crazy (likely) and include picks to dump Bagley (as they're desperate to get rid of him) - would you do it? His rebounding is still good and while god knows I haven't watched any Kings basketball, Gentry was praising him for defensive effort this season. His advanced defensive numbers are about as good as you can get on a team like the Kings.

Holmes is definitely a better target for this season, but he's on a 4 year deal at age 28 while Bagley expires and if he works out, would probably be dirt cheap to both acquire and re-sign.

I'm not saying you do it, but just curious on thoughts.

Bagley has been pretty good defensively. I just looked at the Kings' RAPTOR numbers and apparently Barnes has played absolutely no defense this year. His on/off numbers are terrible. 

14 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Bagley has been pretty good defensively. I just looked at the Kings' RAPTOR numbers and apparently Barnes has played absolutely no defense this year. His on/off numbers are terrible. 

tradenba-snap-1644426275912.png

Then may I present the "AKME can pull everything off cause no one else gives the Spurs or Celtics a better offer" trade deadline.

12 minutes ago, Quin said:

tradenba-snap-1644426275912.png

Then may I present the "AKME can pull everything off cause no one else gives the Spurs or Celtics a better offer" trade deadline.

I think if they can somehow get Schroder and Poetl for a combination of White, Brown, and the Portland pick, it'd be a pretty solid trade deadline. Bagley would be a nice throw-in. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I think if they can somehow get Schroder and Poetl for a combination of White, Brown, and the Portland pick, it'd be a pretty solid trade deadline. Bagley would be a nice throw-in. 

For what it's worth, I doubt the Spurs settle for this unless they LOVE Coby or are just cool with second rounder + the Portland pick.

4 hours ago, bmags said:

I feel like everyone is throwing out bulls trade acquisitions from west coast teams. This is a problem for me because I fall asleep at 9 and have no idea it Richaun Holmes is good 🤷‍♂

I was shocked first time I learned he was from Lockport

2 hours ago, Quin said:

At this rate, if the Kings want to be crazy (likely) and include picks to dump Bagley (as they're desperate to get rid of him) - would you do it? His rebounding is still good and while god knows I haven't watched any Kings basketball, Gentry was praising him for defensive effort this season. His advanced defensive numbers are about as good as you can get on a team like the Kings.

Holmes is definitely a better target for this season, but he's on a 4 year deal at age 28 while Bagley expires and if he works out, would probably be dirt cheap to both acquire and re-sign.

I'm not saying you do it, but just curious on thoughts.

If the Kings want to basically give him away?  Yes.  Bulls need athletic bodies.  Maybe a change of scenes/environment does him some good?

25 minutes ago, scs787 said:

If the Bulls can't land a big, do you give Millsap a shot? I keep hearing about the buyout market, but when does that start happening? 

Millsap might help but I doubt he can play the 4 in Donovan’s scheme.  I wouldn’t mind him if bought out though.    I’d expect to see more guys get bought after today’s trade deadline and through the Allstar break.  

Um......why hasn't LaVine signed yet???? I get a weird feeling that he's going to leave the more days that go by without an extension in place. 

Also, what are they going to do with Vucevic this summer? Re-sign or trade for another big? IIRC he only has one year left. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Um......why hasn't LaVine signed yet???? I get a weird feeling that he's going to leave the more days that go by without an extension in place. 

Cause due to the CBA, they had to agree to it in the offseason. He didn't qualify for the supermax and probably wanted a shot at making All-NBA to get it. It also would have prevented them from building the current team. I think LaVine is a lot happier with DeMar around than not. The Bulls can still offer him a lot more than any team and they're a contender and he's happy here.

Everything isn't doom and gloom all the time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Quin said:

Cause due to the CBA, they had to agree to it in the offseason. He didn't qualify for the supermax and probably wanted a shot at making All-NBA to get it. It also would have prevented them from building the current team. I think LaVine is a lot happier with DeMar around than not. The Bulls can still offer him a lot more than any team and they're a contender and he's happy here.

Everything isn't doom and gloom all the time.

Yeah, I think it’s clear this isn’t Garpax and Jimmy Butler any more. This front office is actually effective and putting together a roster that is good enough to make some noise in the playoffs, and LaVine isn’t going anywhere unless they think it makes them still better somehow.

54 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Also, what are they going to do with Vucevic this summer? Re-sign or trade for another big? IIRC he only has one year left. 

Like Quin alluded to, the team can build more around Zach if they wait till the off-season. If they sign him now they can't do much of anything in free agency. If they wait, they can sign guys and then go over the cap to resign him.....I don't worry about Zach at all. 

Bulls will have 13mil in cap space. If they wait to sign Zach, they can use that space and then sign Zach. If they sign him now they will have zero cap space.

Vuc is a wait and see guy. 

Edited by scs787

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Well, no Bagley reclamation.

I know KC said Schroeder talk was overblown, but this removes the Bucks as a suitor.

Ibaka also going to Milwaukee, somebody I thought the Bulls should have taken a look at. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For some reason I thought he was already bought out weeks ago.

That 4 team trade takes out a couple options in Ibaka, Bagley, and probably Holmes now as well. 

Hopefully that Dragic for Thad trade is a double buyout and Thad gets in the picture for the Bulls. 

Mike Muscala is an underrated target who could be a fit whose name hasn't been brought up.