2021-22 NBA Thread

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Sadly, I think they are done adding.  They seem perfectly content to run it back with a sub par team having addressed none of their needs.  

AKME turning into Rick Hahn apparently. I guess they were more constrained by the payroll than Hahn, but not even getting a guy with their full MLE is such a disappointment. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chw42 said:

AKME turning into Rick Hahn apparently. I guess they were more constrained by the payroll than Hahn, but not even getting a guy with their full MLE is such a disappointment. 

I sort of feel like they had plans for trades or upgrades but got the firm mandate before FA to absolutely not enter luxury tax territory.  It does feel very like a Rick Hahn offseason.

25 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I sort of feel like they had plans for trades or upgrades but got the firm mandate before FA to absolutely not enter luxury tax territory.  It does feel very like a Rick Hahn offseason.

Except they were connected to Galinari, who would of pushed them into the tax.

Sadly it's the same old song old dance of they tried and guys just went elsewhere. 

This class kinda sucked anyway. 

On 7/8/2022 at 7:00 PM, scs787 said:

Marko dropped 27/13 in summer league. He's up to 240 pounds from 215. It'd be a nice little surprise if he turns into a guy. 

didn't see the first game, saw yesterday...yeah I'm skeptical lol

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess the other side of the coin is how often did the nuggets/jazz look complacent as other western teams loaded up, but it requires the few young assets of the bulls actually improving.

The story of the bulls since 2010 is never having what you needed for a star when you needed it. But holyhell that jimmy trade is building comiskey park before Camden Yards. Now the going rate is 3 picks and 2 swaps. Maybe that much worse team (without Zach) gets them up in the star laden 2018 draft. 

We are basically the orlando magic/milwaukee bucks pre-giannis now. Just always snake bitten in draft luck/timing.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:10 AM, Tnetennba said:

Sadly, I think they are done adding.  They seem perfectly content to run it back with a sub par team having addressed none of their needs.  

This is Jerry MO 101. Keep the fanbase engaged, not interested in winning titles.

If Michael Reinsdorf runs the Bulls the same way that his father runs the Sox, it's pointless to even follow.  

Edited by Jack Parkman

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Never thought I would say surgery is a good thing - but this seems like great news. If they can be patient and this actually fixes things, they should have Lonzo back by turkey day. 

Would have preferred they figured out this months ago but maybe just maybe he will get things back here. Would be huge cause a healthy Ball would be a huge lift for the Bulls. In meantime - hoping Ayo and Caruso are both healthy and can take advantage of their reps - in particular interested in seeing how Ayo has grown. Even better would be seeing Williams and White with their first healthy offseason take some real huge steps forward too. Not holding my breathe though. 

Gonna be a big year for Karnisovic and Eversley. I have so little confidence in this team being worthwhile good and now, they also seem tapped out to get better.

But, he came from the nuggets that also consistently seemed like they'd hit a ceiling and some other guy they drafted in the 2nd round or first would develop. That's what I'll at least wait and see on. If a guy like Ayo or Pat can actually be developed. If not...eesh. 

It really is annoying how terrible the bulls luck was in their tank years re: the draft. We really had an orlando run, and I supported (obviously) just kinda pivoting. But seeing how teams like Cleveland, Detroit were able to use their better luck to leap...man that Vuc deal, which probably allowed us to keep Lavine...killed us.