Sox at Cubs 8/7, 1:20

Bob Sacamano

Just now, harkness99 said:

for being supposedly fast - tims speed to first base has never impressed me. 

All matters how he gets out of the box. Thought that one would be closer, but I guess not.  He’s just hitting so few line drives of late.

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think Seby getting the majority of playing time isn't helping his bat. You need to get regular at bats to progress as a hitter. If his framing wasn't so goddamn awful, he'd be playing more. 

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

If he were hitting when Grandal went down he'd be playing more. 

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

If he were better at baseball, he’d be better at baseball.

If my aunt had a dick she would be my uncle

Collins sucks

• Like 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If he's gonna be a pull hitter he should just get closer to the plate with that open stance.

His bat speed isn’t quick enough to pull the ball. A lot of his success comes from flipping the ball to left.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

His bat speed isn’t quick enough to pull the ball. A lot of his success comes from flipping the ball to left.

His spray chart shows me he has 3 doubles down the RF line. 2 doubles and 1 HR to RCF , 1 HR to CF , 1 HR to slightly LCF which you could call CF  and 1 HR to the gap in LF. Only 1 double to straight away LF. Practically the whole side of medium and deep LF is empty of hits .

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/zack-collins-641470?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Just think about it, the Cubs got 7-8 of those calls yesterday. 

It's always funny to me how Contreras lives on framing pitches that are 3-4" outside that he ends up getting the call, but when one goes against him when he's in the box, he gets pissed off

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

His spray chart shows me he has 3 doubles down the RF line. 2 doubles and 1 HR to RCF , 1 HR to CF , 1 HR to slightly LCF which you could call CF  and 1 HR to the gap in LF. Only 1 double to straight away LF. Practically the whole side of medium and deep LF is empty of hits .

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/zack-collins-641470?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

Nice chart, the flips to left are the three in shallow LCF.  I believe a few came against Tampa.

Carlos might have gotten 2 Ks that inning, but he was dangerously close to walking 3 of the 4 hitters he faced. With the top of the lineup coming up, he shouldn't have a real long leash in case he starts the 6th inning wild. You also don't want to overthrow him. Gotta save him for the stretch run. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Carlos might have gotten 2 Ks that inning, but he was dangerously close to walking 3 of the 4 hitters he faced. With the top of the lineup coming up, he shouldn't have a real long leash in case he starts the 6th inning wild. You also don't want to overthrow him. Gotta save him for the stretch run. 

I bet he has a long leash with the rest he’s had and Hendriks likely down