Tanking

Harold's Leg Lift

1 hour ago, flavum said:

5 of 15 is great the way it is 

6 of 16 would be acceptable 

Anything more is pure trash in baseball after an almost daily 6 month season. 

Unfortunately, thats what general fans are used to in other sports and baseball may need to do it to bring the game to new fans.

4 hours ago, flavum said:

5 of 15 is great the way it is 

6 of 16 would be acceptable 

Anything more is pure trash in baseball after an almost daily 6 month season. 

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Or give the 1 and 2 seeds byes to next round and than have more 3 game series etc. 

To me, these are the most reasonable compromises,  assuming playoffs "must" be expanded, regular season has some semblance of importance (with the top team or two teams getting a bye, or perhaps a Korean League Format.

I'm fine with an 154 game schedule, which was standard until the first MLB expansion after the 1960 season. They should revert to a more balanced league schedule, especially in lieu of further playoff expansions, to not create a large disparity in schedule strength vs. playoff eligibility.  Would go Division (4 X 12 = 48) + Intraleague (10 x 9 = 90) + Interleague (4 "rivalry games" + four rotating 3 game series / perhaps seeded based on previous season = 16).

For 162, would go with same Division (48) and Interleague (90) + (24) interleague (9 rival (rotating extra home series each year) + 15 (5 x 3) rotating division / home & away format).

The current schedule (76 division games) is complete horseshit with wild cards, even worse with more added wild cards.

Since the addition of the wild card, I continue to have the same interest in the regular season due to several rotisserie leagues and following the White Sox, but have stopped watching the playoffs unless the Sox are involved. With 16 + team playoffs, my interest including the White Sox postseason would decrease, though I'd still likely listen.

Edited by South Side Hit Men