AND THATS A WHITE SOX PASS THE ASTROS FOR #2 SEED IN AL WINNER

chitownsportsfan

‘‘I was coming off the mound, he was late getting over, so I left the glove and my hat,’’ Lynn said. ‘‘While I was going to the dugout because I’m dealing with something, he yelled that he needs to see my belt, so I tossed it up and he threw me out.

‘‘I’m trying to get some work done so I can go out there for the fifth, and obviously I hurt his feelings.’’

Lynn said he wanted to get to the trainer because of some discomfort he was dealing with but shrugged it off as normal.

‘‘See you in five days,’’ he said.

I love this man

Edited by Colome's Hat

One small thing I was looking at today, Lance needs 38 1/3 innings to qualify for the ERA title. If he gets 8 more starts that should be gotten easily but 7 or even 6 more is probably more likely as they give rest down the stretch. 

Not a big deal, and I'm sure Lance could care less but not meeting the innings may cost him some Cy votes.

10 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

One small thing I was looking at today, Lance needs 38 1/3 innings to qualify for the ERA title. If he gets 8 more starts that should be gotten easily but 7 or even 6 more is probably more likely as they give rest down the stretch. 

Not a big deal, and I'm sure Lance could care less but not meeting the innings may cost him some Cy votes.

Lynn is the one guy who I think would refuse to be shut down.  His issue right now is that he labors to get to the fifth inning.  That being said, I think many pitchers will struggle to get over 200 innnings pitched with Covid.  Cole really has to step it up to challenge Lynn for the Cy Young.  Neither will get close to 20 wins.  Both will still likely pass 15.  I think if Lynn finishes 15-4 with a 2.25-2.50 era, that get's it done.

11 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

This is 100% code for him having to take a shit, which makes the whole thing make so much more sense. Also somehow even more in character for Lynn.

Fat Bastard having to take a shit? I've seen that movie before.