8/19 Gamethread: Oakland Athletics at Sox, 1:10, CSN

Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

šŸ¤¢šŸ¤® Get Hernandez out of the top of the lineup please.Ā 

who else though? against a lefty it would have been nice for Robert to leadoff and hit Engel 2nd. the bottom 4 of todays lineup are less than ideal against a lefty

3 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Over their last 5 games the OBP of these two is a combined .368. So they're fine.

Today is a lefty is why I worry about the bottom 4 but they already won the series so honestly not too worried about getting a W today.

Edited by TheTruth05

21 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

who else though? against a lefty it would have been nice for Robert to leadoff and hit Engel 2nd. the bottom 4 of todays lineup are less than ideal against a lefty

Now that I look at it, your probably right.Ā 

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Possibly Lynn goes on IL? I didnā€™t watch the game yesterday but from I read this morning, he was upset at the ump because of how late the substance check came as he was going down the tunnel to be checked by a trainer for a physical issue.

In fegan's update he quoted Lynn as saying "You will see me in 5 days". he is fine.Ā 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Oops my bad! I didnā€™t know I was unauthorized to post game threads here. I better go back and read the rules.Ā 

It's just like Jeopardy only without Art Fleming.

26 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Possibly Lynn goes on IL? I didnā€™t watch the game yesterday but from I read this morning, he was upset at the ump because of how late the substance check came as he was going down the tunnel to be checked by a trainer for a physical issue.

The full quote said he was going to the trainer to get ready for the 5th. He wasn't even coming out of the game

I think one thing thatā€™s never really talked about enough is all the planned rest that was baked intoĀ the schedule this year. Ā Like a ridiculous amount of planned rest. Ā Like so much that you question lineups and bullpen usage almost daily, wondering why all the fodder-type guys are playing so much. Ā Ā 

And then on top of that planĀ they had moreĀ serious injuries than probably expected so they needed more fodder-type guys to play even more. Ā 

Thereā€™s a lot to talk about within this subject. Ā It would make for a fun thread

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I think one thing thatā€™s never really talked about enough is all the planned rest that was baked intoĀ the schedule this year. Ā Like a ridiculous amount of planned rest. Ā Like so much that you question lineups and bullpen usage almost daily, wondering why all the fodder-type guys are playing so much. Ā Ā 

And then on top of that planĀ they had moreĀ serious injuries than probably expected so they needed more fodder-type guys to play even more. Ā 

Thereā€™s a lot to talk about within this subject. Ā It would make for a fun thread

The Athletics color guy, a former player said it was a huge luxury and advantage that the Sox can basically rest one regular every day from here until the playoffs and be fine.