Carlos Rodon Activated, Danny Mendick optioned to AAA Charlotte

South Side Hit Men

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

The Sox carry too many pitchers.

I am guessing in order to rest pitchers, you need other pitchers.   Wonder if Lopez is piggybacked after Rodon tonight.  Maybe Carlos goes 60 pitches?

30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

i think the biggest surprise here is that Wright continues to survive on the roster.  I did not expect that.

Considering how much TA has sat recently and our lack of infielders, I'm kind of surprised Wright survived. 

20 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Considering how much TA has sat recently and our lack of infielders, I'm kind of surprised Wright survived. 

Well, Leury came back this week so there's a standard backup IF, and there will be at least 1 move made tomorrow sending down a pitcher to bring up Grandal presumably? More arms available on a Rodon start, if Anderson is starting today, isn't a bad setup.

50 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I remember him about as much as Kip Wells! Mostly both busts. It amazes me how people complain about our draft picks nowadays when you look back at how poorly our picks in the past turned out.

Look at this period:

1995 - Jeff Liefer -2.9 WAR

1996 - Bobby Seay 3.0 WAR

1997 - Jason Dellaero -0.9 WAR

1998 - Kip Wells 8.0 WAR

1999 - Jason Stumm No Majors

2000 - Joe Borchard -1.5 WAR

2001 - Kris Honel No Majors

2002 - Royce Ring -0.9 WAR

2003 - Brian Anderson -0.2 WAR

2004 - Josh Fields -1.1 WAR

2005 - Lance Broadway 0.3 WAR, became an actor

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

I’m not that surprised. The Sox have no depth in aaa for a spot start. You DFA Wright and you probably lose him and him and ReyLo are it. I actually think he may survive until Marshall is ready. 

1 hour ago, Colome's Hat said:

As someone who only watched the comical closing of the roof which was straight out of Waiting for Godot, how did Carlos look?  Were the 3 ks just simply a factor of Toronto's hitting approach?

He looked pretty good, velocity was down a touch but finished at 97 in his last inning.

• Like 1