2021 NFL Season Thread

49 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Still have no idea why they refuse to move Fields out of the pocket.

I counted one designed roll out play from my seats, makes no sense to me. Against a competent d line he’s going to get murdered. 

11 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Comparing anything to he clueless Trubisky on the deep ball should be illegal. 😁

Your ire shouldn't be directed towards that kid, instead to the idiot who passed on Mahomes and Wastson and who even traded picks to move up to draft him.

11 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Your ire shouldn't be directed towards that kid, instead to the idiot who passed on Mahomes and Wastson and who even traded picks to move up to draft him.

You know, at the time it was made, there was plenty of intelligence pointing to MItch as the best of the three, as a Tribune story pointed out.  And he looked great against the Bears just this season.  But he can't throw the deep ball and Fields seems to be able to.

Side note: I was in Queretaro a long time ago and remember it as a retirement haven for Yankees.  Is it still?

39 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

They just traded a 6th round pick for a Dolphins special teamer.

I know it’s just a 6th round pick, but with a team with no draft capitol it just shows Pace doesn’t know what the hell he is doing. 

It sucks but it kind of makes sense in that Herbert will now either be the #1 or #2 running back with Monty out and Williams has a sore quad, so Herbert cannot be returning kicks.  So they need Grant to do that.

what really sucks is Dazz Newsome is on the practice squad and they don't think he is good enough to do it yet

54 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

They just traded a 6th round pick for a Dolphins special teamer.

I know it’s just a 6th round pick, but with a team with no draft capitol it just shows Pace doesn’t know what the hell he is doing. 

This is horrendous.  I've never seen a GM so careless about draft capital.  What a joke.  We've already traded away so many picks and we're in salary cap hell.  We need draft picks for depth in the coming 1-2 years.  Even something as low as a 6th round pick is not something we can afford to just give away for a month of work from a league average, non-pro bowl return man.  Just put someone else back there and have them fair catch every kickoff and punt for the next month.  Instead, Pace is acting in a win-now mode for a team that is incredibly mediocre and unlikely to make the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, dasox24 said:

This is horrendous.  I've never seen a GM so careless about draft capital.  What a joke.  We've already traded away so many picks and we're in salary cap hell.  We need draft picks for depth in the coming 1-2 years.  Even something as low as a 6th round pick is not something we can afford to just give away for a month of work from a league average, non-pro bowl return man.  Just put someone else back there and have them fair catch every kickoff and punt for the next month.  Instead, Pace is acting in a win-now mode for a team that is incredibly mediocre and unlikely to make the playoffs.

Everything you said I agree 100%

36 minutes ago, dasox24 said:

The LA Rams will not have a first round pick from 2018 to 2024. That's 6 years without a first round pick. The 2017 first round pick was Goff who they had to give 2 first round picks to the Lions to take him. I would consider this more careless with draft capital.

19 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

You know, at the time it was made, there was plenty of intelligence pointing to MItch as the best of the three, as a Tribune story pointed out.  And he looked great against the Bears just this season.  But he can't throw the deep ball and Fields seems to be able to.

Side note: I was in Queretaro a long time ago and remember it as a retirement haven for Yankees.  Is it still?

Yeah, lots of ex-pats down here, also Canadians and Europeans as well. Really nice place to live, none of the violence that unfortunately is happening in other parts of the country. Of course I miss Chicago, but I'll be visiting next year with my kids and catch a Sox game live.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but I was never sold on MItch, I wanted Watson but was hoping I would be wrong and Trubisky would be the guy but he couldn't hit the long ball to save his life, as you said, Fields at least has shown he's accurate from long range...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

The LA Rams will not have a first round pick from 2018 to 2024. That's 6 years without a first round pick. The 2017 first round pick was Goff who they had to give 2 first round picks to the Lions to take him. I would consider this more careless with draft capital.

Maybe, but they are playoff bound. It's a 6th rounder but why trade a 6th rounder unless the playoffs and advancing in the playoffs is realistic?

7 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

It sucks but it kind of makes sense in that Herbert will now either be the #1 or #2 running back with Monty out and Williams has a sore quad, so Herbert cannot be returning kicks.  So they need Grant to do that.

what really sucks is Dazz Newsome is on the practice squad and they don't think he is good enough to do it yet

They need a special teams player I just don’t see need to use draft capital for it. This team isn’t going anywhere super far at this point.

32 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

They need a special teams player I just don’t see need to use draft capital for it. This team isn’t going anywhere super far at this point.

Yea, there had to be someone on a practice squad somewhere they could have snagged instead.