2021 NFL Season Thread

This was a good day.

I think fields in that offense on sunday, the run heavy, play action fueled offense that lets him get big deep shots is the best thing for his first year until he can master more of the coverages. It is an awful lot like russ' first year.

And the other thing out of this was Nagy basically waxing poetically about how tuned in he was by not calling plays. So it sounds like we have both Lazer at OC and Fields at QB. We lose monty, but we are hopefully a few weeks from having borom and jenkins really start putting competition there.

I don't think Lazer is amazing or anything, but at bare minimum he knew fields likes being under center...and let him be under center.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 12:24 PM, ptatc said:

The LA Rams will not have a first round pick from 2018 to 2024. That's 6 years without a first round pick. The 2017 first round pick was Goff who they had to give 2 first round picks to the Lions to take him. I would consider this more careless with draft capital.

Yes, for sure. In my haste of posting, I did neglect to mention Les Snead being in the same boat at Pace.  However, when Snead trades draft picks, he adds Pro Bowl and/or Future Hall of Fame talent with those picks. And the Rams are built to win-now, so it makes a bit more sense to "go for it."

I get that a 6th rounder isn't likely to amount to much. But the more picks you have, the better chance you have to hit on some picks. And honestly, to Pace's credit, he has a pretty solid track record with late round picks, which is about the only thing he does well.

3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I know it’s the Raiders but I can’t see how he survives that. Blatantly racist. Raiders already seem to be distancing themselves from it

also Russ Wilson is out for a couple months, that sucks he’s my favorite QB(2nd to Fields now) but yea that NFC West is a 2 dog race now unless Lance can be a beast sooner rather than later

5 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I know it’s the Raiders but I can’t see how he survives that. Blatantly racist. Raiders already seem to be distancing themselves from it

also Russ Wilson is out for a couple months, that sucks he’s my favorite QB(2nd to Fields now) but yea that NFC West is a 2 dog race now unless Lance can be a beast sooner rather than later

I agree. I don't think he will make it to Sunday against the Bears. 

Really curious to see how Fields plays on Sunday. Stadium is going to be crazy loud and will be good to see how Fields does In his second road game and what progress he makes. 

Similar to last week, I expect to see some splash/wow plays but probably a bit more ugh plays where he holds onto the rock too long / gets caught off guard by d. 

Interested to see Herbert and expect to see Fields get that first td pass. Expecting Kmet to have his biggest game as a bear. Time for him to come through. In end expect a loss but something in my body is telling me get ready to be surprised…

Bears fans need to give their team more of a chance, saying things like they only thought they would win against very few other teams the rest of the way. That’s why they play the games. Today is what the defense and offense is supposed to look like, complementing each other.