2021 NFL Season Thread

23 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

absolutely. Hopefully Teven looks the part and Bears only have to worry about getting a real C. I wouldn't mind getting Jenkins some G reps leaving Peters at T and Whitehair at C for the rest of the year. Mustipher is very bad

Whitehair is not a center - he has proven that on enough instances and they drafted Jenkins to play tackle.  I'm playing him there. I am over the Bears and their musical chairs of lines and where guys play. Enough is enough, you have two guards (Whitehair and Daniels - that is where they play). I get it when injuries force a hand but this is not that situation. You also have two young tackles in Borom/Jenkins. When Jenkins is ready, he has to get a spot on the line and the only real question is going to be whether Borom or Jenkins slides to LT and obviously whether either of these guys end up any good.  

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Whitehair is not a center - he has proven that on enough instances and they drafted Jenkins to play tackle.  I'm playing him there. I am over the Bears and their musical chairs of lines and where guys play. Enough is enough, you have two guards (Whitehair and Daniels - that is where they play). I get it when injuries force a hand but this is not that situation. You also have two young tackles in Borom/Jenkins. When Jenkins is ready, he has to get a spot on the line and the only real question is going to be whether Borom or Jenkins slides to LT and obviously whether either of these guys end up any good.  

I agree but if Nagy depends on winning as much as possible this year to save his job I can see him doing a short term fix like that. In a way it'll be interesting what he does there, if he benches Peters (who's been good) for Jenkins does that mean Nagy is safer than we know? Guess we'll see.

5 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I agree but if Nagy depends on winning as much as possible this year to save his job I can see him doing a short term fix like that. In a way it'll be interesting what he does there, if he benches Peters (who's been good) for Jenkins does that mean Nagy is safer than we know? Guess we'll see.

I don't think he has much of a choice to be honest - I think at this point - Pace will have no trouble coming down. Quite frankly, Jenkins is going to need the full 21 days so I see it more as a moot point because right now him learning from Peters will be good and 21 days from now is a long time in terms of who might get hurt (including Peters who isn't a spring chicken and has typically gotten hurt).  

14 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

Looking like Lions Stafford the past couple games. 

The way he was throwing last night kind of looked like his back was bothering him, given his history of back issues I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.  He was throwing everything high and when he wound up to throw it looked really stiff and all arms 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

So when can the Bears cut Mack without it killing them under the cap?

What does that have to do with going for it this year? They traded for Mack 3 years ago. And they could trade Mack this off-season and get quality picks. Despite this injury he is still viewed as elite at the position. 

Bears cap position next year is good and the following year is great and if Fields is legit they are in stellar spot with cheap QB with tons of upside. 

So what did we learn from the Pittsburg game.  That rolling the QB out and doing some things that is outside the normal Nagy offense is good.  So what happens the next game.  We got back to Nagy offense.  The continued development of Fields is going to involve removing Nagy from the equation.  He needs to go.  He is stubborn and doesnt learn.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

So what did we learn from the Pittsburg game.  That rolling the QB out and doing some things that is outside the normal Nagy offense is good.  So what happens the next game.  We got back to Nagy offense.  The continued development of Fields is going to involve removing Nagy from the equation.  He needs to go.  He is stubborn and doesnt learn.  

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

The Era of Nagy type of start to this game lol

The games are just so damn boring to watch because they never do anything on offense.