TA out next two days, according to Stone

southsider2k5

On 9/12/2021 at 9:50 AM, Bad Hombre said:

Praise be

Let’s get the band back together at full strength and start building up to our best baseball of the season.

It’ll be so key if we can get Anderson healthy and productive, Eloy out of his funk, Vaughn back to being productive, Kimbrel not yanking his fastball, Rodon able to take the ball and run every 5th day, Bummer being 2020 nasty, and Kopech strong with the filth.

This team clicks and we could find ourselves playing for a championship.

Edited by hi8is
This post should be up for the Most Obvious Post of the Day Award, but it’s an off day - so fook it.

5 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Let’s get the band back together at full strength and start building up to our best baseball of the season.

It’ll be so key if we can get Anderson healthy and productive, Eloy out of his funk, Vaughn back to being productive, Kimbrel not yanking his fastball, Rodon able to take the ball and run every 5th day, Bummer being 2020 nasty, and Kopech strong with the filth.

This team clicks and we could find ourselves playing for a championship.

Even if you get 4 or 5 out of those 7 that would be good.

4 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Even if you get 4 or 5 out of those 7 that would be good.

Rodon looked great

Bummer has looked better and hasn’t been as unlucky

Kopech looked nails last time

Anderson should be Anderson

Eloy should be Eloy

I think those are very likely wins. Kimbrel and Vaughn are the biggest unknowns.

I’m not so crazy about the Kimbrel trade any longer. Kimbrel is starting to look like Bummer.  One day good, one day bad. We paid a heavy price for an 8th inning pitcher that is about .500 in holds. I don’t know if he feels out of place not closing. He had an opportunity Sunday again and blew it.  Tempera seems to be a steal at this point. Bummer may be ready to reclaim his 8th inning spot if Kimbrel doesn’t wake up. Is the American League a tougher league with better hitters?? I’ve always thought saw. Hernandez is not doing his job offensively. I believe he’s only hit 1 home run, maybe 2. Again an NL player facing AL pitchers.  Better glove than Nicky would ever be but Nick is going to be a legit 300 hitter in the NL. I miss Huer, he’s thriving. We can carry Hernandez especially when TA comes back. Lopez needs to replace Dallas in the rotation for now and Dallas needs to come out of the bullpen. We only need 3 maybe 4 starters and we now know who Number 4 would be. NOT DALLAS. Hopefully I’m wrong about Kimbrel and he gets his shit together 

4 hours ago, hi8is said:

Cease being wild for that inning during his last outing was also very disconcerting - we would really benefit from him being reliable in the playoffs.

Dallas seems to be the biggest prayer in the bunch.

Man that last Cease outing sucked . The funny thing was when he was throwing strikes his pitches were nasty . He was getting a lot of K's. His slider was nasty and so was his curve. He obviously couldnt spot the fastball. He must've thrown like 15 pitches too high with it. But he kept throwing it and it hurt him. Wouldve been nice to see him just say screw the fastball and try  curves, sliders and changeups and see how that went.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Man that last Cease outing sucked . The funny thing was when he was throwing strikes his pitches were nasty . He was getting a lot of K's. His slider was nasty and so was his curve. He obviously couldnt spot the fastball. He must've thrown like 15 pitches too high with it. But he kept throwing it and it hurt him. Wouldve been nice to see him just say screw the fastball and try  curves, sliders and changeups and see how that went.

I’m pretty confident he’ll get it straightened out and be better for his next outing.