Romy Gonzalez called up

Holy sh**!

couldn’t be more happy for Romy! The guy absolutely earned it, has been taking across the most advanced levels and is versatile. Was a 20 HR guy in three months in Birmingham!

Bravo, hope he is here for years and years. So excited.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Imagine he tears it up this month and then can't be on the postseason roster 😬

I thought they could be if they were in the organization already? AKA can't use a waiver claim, but could use Romy.. I probably am wrong though lol

Found this:

As mentioned, players acquired via trade in September are not eligible for their new team, and the same goes for those signed as free agents during that time. However, if a club wants to add a player who was not on the 40-man roster but was in the organization, it can petition the Commissioner's Office if that player is replacing someone who has been on the 60-day DL for at least 60 days.

One notable example of this was pitcher Brandon Finnegan, who appeared in every stage of the 2014 postseason for the Royals despite the fact that he was not added to the 40-man roster until Kansas City purchased his contract from its Double-A club on Sept. 1 of that year.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who loses their 40 man spot?

One of the three that should have been cut instead of Burdi - Rutherford, Adolfo or Mercedes.  Wright would be an option too, I guess.  But I think they'll keep him around since we're a little short on length in the pen, especially with ReyLo shifting back to rotation next week or so. 

Edited by ChiSox59

• raBBit locked this topic