Romy Gonzalez called up

Rutherford is the obvious and clear choice to get the boot.

Figure they at least try to trade Adolfo and Mercedes in the off-season, get a lottery ticket out of them.

Wright has value to this team as a body in September as they deal with injuries (Gio, Lynn) and give guys rest to figure it out (Keuchel).

I like this because it gives you a chance to look at another body for a month here on possible 2022 replacements for Leury (Free Agent), Mendick (sucks), and even Cesar Hernandez who's been a bit of a disappointment with the bat. 

Edited by HOFHurt35
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I like this because it gives you a chance to look at another body for a month here on possible 2020 replacements for Leury (Free Agent), Mendick (sucks), and even Cesar Hernandez who's been a bit of a disappointment with the bat. 

yeah, hasn't Romy played like 7 positions in the minors? They definitely should get an advanced look at him here...and it's worth saving Tim and Yoan some mileage. Cesar is an interesting case...because that option is only 6 mil, they could always pick it up and trade it to a team looking for a stopgap solution. But I assume Romy would have to be LIGHTS out for any consideration of moving or not picking up Cesar. 

7 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

yeah, hasn't Romy played like 7 positions in the minors? They definitely should get an advanced look at him here...and it's worth saving Tim and Yoan some mileage. Cesar is an interesting case...because that option is only 6 mil, they could always pick it up and trade it to a team looking for a stopgap solution. But I assume Romy would have to be LIGHTS out for any consideration of moving or not picking up Cesar. 

If Cesar continues 2020 as he has in 2020, you will not be able to trade him.  6 million isn't some great steal for an aging .704 OPS hitter

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

51 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Wow, they are really hyping him up. Like, almost Luis Robert-esque. Great defender, great power, athletic, speed, even has positional versatility. Sounds like Leury has some competition.

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Like 1

• raBBit locked this topic