Romy Gonzalez called up

1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

Does strike out but also has hit for power and taken some walks in the minors. 

I rather have him than leury out there even if it is 30%k and 7% walks because at least there is power. 

Leury also has a TON of just bad at bats sonsistently, more than anyone i can remember.

18 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Well Romy can play 3B too, as well as Mendick. No reason Lamb should be here anymore except he hits left handed

Which...to be fair...LH hitting is needed on this roster.  But yeah.  I'd probably just DFA Rutherford and keep Lamb around for now, but he's definitely in the consideration pile for the axe.  

Still need to find room for Engel, Collins and Marshall.  My guess is Mendick, Lamb and Wright will be the casualties, with the latter two getting DFA'd. 

Edited by ChiSox59

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Which...to be fair...LH hitting is needed on this roster.  But yeah.  I'd probably just DFA Rutherford and keep Lamb around for now, but he's definitely in the consideration pile for the axe.  

Still need to find room for Engel, Collins and Marshall.  My guess is Mendick, Lamb and Wright will be the casualties, with the latter two getting DFA'd. 

I don't see Lamb making the playoff roster but maybe I am wrong

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Wow, pretty shocked it wasn't a 3rd catcher.

There wasn't a catcher on the 40 man eligible for a call up.

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Also worth noting is that the Sox will now need 2 40 man roster moves if Billy Hamilton is indeed the other person being added today.

They only needed 1 with Gonzalez being the only player added to the active roster that needs a 40 man spot. 

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Thinking out loud, I wonder if they transfer Stiever to the MLB injured list and add him to the 60.

He was injured in the minor leagues he can't be added to the MLB 60 day to free a roster spot. 

6 minutes ago, raBBit said:

There wasn't a catcher on the 40 man eligible for a call up.

They only needed 1 with Gonzalez being the only player added to the active roster that needs a 40 man spot. 

He was injured in the minor leagues he can't be added to the MLB 60 day to free a roster spot. 

That's actually wrong.  San Fransisco just did it with Luis Gonzalez after claiming him from the Sox.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's actually wrong.  San Fransisco just did it with Luis Gonzalez after claiming him from the Sox.

I was speaking to the White Sox 40 man roster. I figured you were too when you said "they" and that we're in PHT and no one else mentioned a release and pick up by another team. So you are wrong. 

I wasn't speaking to a hypothetical where the Sox released and some other team had the opportunity to add him to the MLB roster and then transfer to the 60 day. 

But yes, if the Sox released him, someone else can add him to the MLB roster and then 60 day IL him. That's irrelevant to the situation at this point. Without a release, the Sox cannot add him (despite what you thought). Move goal posts as you wish but I just wouldn't want Sox fans to be misinformed of the active roster/40 man options because of your posts. 

• raBBit locked this topic