GT 9/21: SOX @ DET, 12:10

CentralChamps21

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I am hoping he walks away.  He isn't able to manage this sport anymore.

I disagree.  I don;t think we are in first place with another manager.  The amount of injuries that have happened, I'm not sure another manager would have been to get that out of these guys in the first half.  Even if it's something as simple as getting guys into the outfield who had never played before.  TLR will win manager of the year pretty easily.

• Haha 3

Just now, fathom said:

I don’t think the second half malaise has been his fault necessarily 

I don't know, the first half it seemed like even when there was an injury, the person they had to step in wouldn't be great, but they would have the same fire to win the game that everyone else had. Once TLR shifted into "get everyone healthy" mode in July, it feels like everyone took their foot off the gas, even when people came back from the IL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

I disagree.  I don;t think we are in first place with another manager.  The amount of injuries that have happened, I'm not sure another manager would have been to get that out of these guys in the first half.  Even if it's something as simple as getting guys into the outfield who had never played before.  TLR will win manager of the year pretty easily.

This team is not a sub .500 team with another manager, not if they're remotely competent. For every game they won with something remarkable, they gave away at least 1, sometimes 2 games with something baffling out of the dugout. It's been one of the hallmarks of this season.

• Thanks 1