GT 9/21: SOX @ DET, 12:10

CentralChamps21

Only way your theory works is if Lynne, Gio and Cease have the games of there life. I’ll be shitting in my pants if Kimbrel enters a close game in the 8th. In a 5 game series if Rodon is not right, that’s the rotation. If Rodon is good, he takes Cease’s slot and Kuechel, Cease and Lopez move to the bullpen  Bummer is not the Bummer we gave the money to,Kimbrel CHOKES. Tapera doesn’t know how to walk out the door without slicing his finger  you literally have to bubble wrap these guys  Cease may become your Rodon if Rodon can start and give you 5 or hopefully 6 innings  Can Kopech handle the pressure along with Crochet?  Way too many questions with this team to say at THIS  POINT they can win a playoff series  can they? Sure, if murders row gets hot  it will be fun and I won’t miss an inning  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Are we sure the game isn’t going to be played tomorrow? It’s a 12:10 game again and yesterday they said it was going to rain close to 100 percent.

Hopefully the games in Detroit and Cleveland get cancelled tomorrow. Yes, cancelled; not postponed. Win it on the field on Thursday. 

58 minutes ago, chw42 said:

There's no way we keep pace with the team last year over 162. We had no starting pitching depth and the bullpen was probably very fortunate. Over 162, I doubt the team last year wins 90 games. 

Wait, I was told by the media and most posters here it was mostly or all Ricky’s fault, the manager the “Executive of the Year” extended 60 games prior to being fired.

Game 2 Dallas Keuchel and no Game 3 starter,  Ricky’s fault.

Late season lethargy? Ricky’s fault.

Tony would “restore fundamentals”, have them focused, team would improve on defense, every game is Game 7, he would never be out managed. Tony was hired based on “competency”and not to “right a 35 year wrong”.

29 other teams hire AJ Hinch, or dozens of other options, over a guy who retired 10 years ago and blew a WS game because he cannot operate a phone. Based on his two year old temper tantrum after obeying tossed for ordering an Ohtani hit by pitch, it appears psychopath Tony still can’t figure out how to use a telephone.

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

He was up 3-0. I know you want to get the go-ahead run up there, but when you're gonna get a fastball on 3-1, you gotta be prepared to swing. Leury wanted to walk after that AB went 2-0. 

That's what the Detroit announcers said, too.  Not word for word, but damn near.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have this odd feeling that the scenario that makes the Sox spends the most this off season is for a quick out in the playoffs.  I think they hoped Tony would cover up some of the holes this year with his baseball acumen or something, but if you had blurred out the manager all season long, you couldn't tell the difference between these two teams in 2020 and 2021.

More than a germ of truth in there.  The 2020 group may have been a bit better at advancing runners when needed.

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

They have 85 wins right now and 11 games to play. They darn well better get to 90. Not because of Cleveland or anything like that, but because they'd have to finish 4-7, with a 12-16 record in Sept/Oct in order to miss that number.

Don't hold your breath, this team has no mojo and being managed by a drunken zombie