Sox playoff tickets on Sale Wed 2pm

southsider2k5

Got tickets for ALCS games 2, 3, and 4.  Better seats than the ones I was "guaranteed" with my season ticket package for game 1.

Lesson for today:  there was no point to buying a season ticket package for next year if my primary objective was to lock in playoff tickets.  I could have just done the presale I would've qualified for anyway (because I've bought tickets on Ticketmaster in the past) and gotten better tickets for all the games I wanted.  All I got for buying season tickets was shitty seats for game 1.

Oh well, not really complaining as I wanted season tickets anyway and I'm excited to go to playoff games.  But interesting nonetheless (to me anyway).

Got Sox home games 3/4.  So I guess I am going to be big Red Sox/Yankees fans in the ALDS.  Cuz that'll be Fri/Sat games 6/7 if we play them.

And a mid-week Wednesday game (and the other gets refunded) if the Rays.

Still trying on Sox home game 2, but no luck so far. 

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

if sox make ALCS and they don't have homefield, I will have game 5 seats available. So hopefully ticket exchange will be up.. I won't be looking for profit. Go yankees though!

Probably better off selling them here at face value; I'm sure there would be a lot of takers.

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Have the prices been the same for both ALDS and ALCS? 

I don't know what to do! If they make the World Series I am coming back for sure but if I got to an ALDS game I probably can't convince my wife to let me drive up for an ALCS game too.

ALCS is double

I was able to get 2 seats for both ALDS game 2 and ALCS game 1 for me and my son.  The last playoff game I was at was Game 2 of the 2005 WS.  My seats are just as bad as they were in that game.  Hopefully the result is just as glorious as in 2005.  My son who is 17 will get his first true taste of playoff baseball.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Got tickets for ALCS games 2, 3, and 4.  Better seats than the ones I was "guaranteed" with my season ticket package for game 1.

Lesson for today:  there was no point to buying a season ticket package for next year if my primary objective was to lock in playoff tickets.  I could have just done the presale I would've qualified for anyway (because I've bought tickets on Ticketmaster in the past) and gotten better tickets for all the games I wanted.  All I got for buying season tickets was shitty seats for game 1.

Oh well, not really complaining as I wanted season tickets anyway and I'm excited to go to playoff games.  But interesting nonetheless (to me anyway).

ALDS were gone instantly.  There is a chance ALCS games 3 and 4 are not possible to even be played that's why you got tickets.  

I have better playoff seats than I got with my season tickets.  I will upgrade my season tickets for every game I go to. 

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

ALDS were gone instantly.  There is a chance ALCS games 3 and 4 are not possible to even be played that's why you got tickets.  

I have better playoff seats than I got with my season tickets.  I will upgrade my season tickets for every game I go to. 

Yeah I suppose locking in ALDS tickets had value.  Just didn't anticipate I'd be able to get ALCS tix relatively easily.

10 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

There has to be more ALDS tickets available, would be tough to promote tickets going on sale and there being none available 

I suspect we'll see some tickets become available at 2pm when general public window opens.

ALCS home game 1 hasn't had any options really either unless upper corners or singles are your thing.