Sox playoff tickets on Sale Wed 2pm

southsider2k5

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It said 4-6 weeks to refund, and its been 1 week.  Sooooo, I would expect waiting another 4-5 weeks.  

Where did it say that? Why would it take 4-6 weeks to refund anything?

Supposedly refunds were set to process the day after elimination.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

On 9/29/2021 at 1:33 PM, 35thstreetswarm said:

Yeah I suppose locking in ALDS tickets had value.  Just didn't anticipate I'd be able to get ALCS tix relatively easily.

I received a full refund for unplayed games last Friday. 

My season tickets are paid monthly so I did not want to carry over so the credits were applied to my card without issue.

22 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why would it take 4-6 weeks to refund anything?

4 teams that sold LCS tickets but didn't make it x 4 LCS games sold per team x 40,000 tickets sold per game x $150 per ticket = $96 million that they get to collect interest on for 6 weeks before refunding it.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 3:04 PM, CentralChamps21 said:

4 teams that sold LCS tickets but didn't make it x 4 LCS games sold per team x 40,000 tickets sold per game x $150 per ticket = $96 million that they get to collect interest on for 6 weeks before refunding it.

At the 0.05% interest offered by my local bank, compounded daily from a short term interest account, they made about $10,000 a day on that $96 million.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

At the 0.05% interest offered by my local bank, compounded daily from a short term interest account, they made about $10,000 a day on that $96 million.

0.05% per day compounded daily? That's over 20% per year.  (1.0005)^365-1 ~ 0.2. I need to get the name of your bank.

0.05%/yr compounded daily, that's more like $50k/yr or about $1k/wk.

Edited by skooch

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's an APR. 0.05/360

So, at these low interest rates, we're really talking about $1k/wk on the entire $100 million. Hardly a reason to hold back people's money. And I seriously doubt you'd get much more interest for having a large sum. Bank's are awash in cash. I don't think they really even want it.

It's slightly reassuring to know that everyone on here is also bitching about the fact that they were charged immediately or the ALCS tickets and that Ticketmaster takes their sweet ass time processing the refund, as I sit every day looking at my credit card balance that's twice as high as it should be. Just get it back to me before the grace period geez

Edited by lostfan