9/29 Reds @ Sox 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

28 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

I would hope the pitching is a dress rehearsal for the playoff game, with people playing their same roles

Yeah, with a day off tomorrow I don't really see the need to punt this game with Mike Wright.  Guess it depends on how long Rodon can go. If Carlos can only got 2-3, probably unavoidable.  

Truth be told, if Wright pitches in this game, just jettison his ass off the roster tonight and bring in a fresh arm for the weekend.  Dude sucks. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, with a day off tomorrow I don't really see the need to punt this game with Mike Wright.  Guess it depends on how long Rodon can go. If Carlos can only got 2-3, probably unavoidable.  

Truth be told, if Wright pitches in this game, just jettison his ass off the roster tonight and bring in a fresh arm for the weekend.  Dude sucks. 

Save Wright for Friday to plunk Goodrum.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Ehhhh.  And then risk TA or Robert or Moncada getting one on the wrist for further retaliation?  Fuck that shit.  Move on.  We have legitimately nothing to gain from playing beanball or starting a brawl with the Tigers in the last series before the playoffs.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colome's Hat said:

The last thing we need is Detroit retaliating and hurting someone in the final series of the year.  Detroit means nothing to the Sox right now, just let the bullshit alone.  Sox have higher priorities than to fuck around with a team that has nothing to lose and everything to prove.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is a very high chance of a significant Mike Wright presence in this one.

My feeling is MW will never pitch for the Sox again. Walking that guy on a 3-2 pitch with a pitch that missed by 2 feet, and then 

plunking the next guy sealed his fate. 5-6 years in the Bigs, and never so much as just a so-so season. We could have used his spot

with an organization guy like Kyle Kubat, and not have done worse than this joker.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Game 1 starting lineup I think

This is as close to my preferred lineup as I think we'll get.  I'd put Eloy at DH and Vaughn in LF, but it ain't happening at this point. 

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

This is also close to my preferred lineup as I think we'll get.  I'd put Eloy at DH and Vaughn in LF, but it ain't happening. 

They should really get Vaughn some ABs the whole weekend, try to see if he can get out of his slump in time for the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

They should really get Vaughn some ABs the whole weekend, try to see if he can get out of his slump in time for the playoffs.

Yah.  IMO, Vaughn should be playing everyday.  But hard to sit Gavin right now I guess.  

• Like 1