Tepera back; Mike Wright DFA

ChiSox59

16 minutes ago, flavum said:

Was just looking at the roster, and thought the same. Take away Burr and Foster, and there you go, unless Goodwin is still in the picture.

I might consider Burr over Ruiz. I also might consider Romy Gonzalez over both if Goodwin is still hurt. Apparently there's a loophole where they can add him even though he wasn't on the 40 man roster at 11:59 pm on August 31.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

The other side note is that this actually opens up a 40 man roster spot for the White Sox.  We do still have slots to fill with Cordero and Marshall over the winter, but I would imagine that free agency will open those up.

4 free agents: Rodon, Tepera, Garcia, Hamilton

2 club options: Kimbrel, Hernandez

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They 100% should non-tender him.  They don't need him on a healthy roster, and they really don't need him if they sign someone else in the OF.

Goodwin is probably decent enough to try and compete for a starting gig on some non-contender looking for a flip candidate. I thank him for his contributions but there isn't really room for him at 5-6 million per on this roster going forward.

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Goodwin is probably decent enough to try and compete for a starting gig on some non-contender looking for a flip candidate. I thank him for his contributions but there isn't really room for him at 5-6 million per on this roster going forward.

While I 100% agree about not needing Goodwin and would non-tender him for even just $2M, I highly doubt he's making $5-6M in arb.  

He's on a milb deal and making the MLB minimum in 2021.  I doubt his arb price would shoot up to $5-6M. 

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

While I 100% agree about not needing Goodwin and would non-tender him for even just $2M, I highly doubt he's making $5-6M in arb.  

He's on a milb deal and making the MLB minimum in 2021.  I doubt his arb price would shoot up to $5-6M. 

I think part of the new CBA is gonna be guys like Goodwin getting a 30-40% raise on what they would have previously via arb.  That said, if nothing really changes yea, he's on 2.5 per.

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think part of the new CBA is gonna be guys like Goodwin getting a 30-40% raise on what they would have previously via arb.  That said, if nothing really changes yea, he's on 2.5 per.

If that is so, that's going to be quite a change to the economics of the game.  Will be an interesting few months this winter. 

• Like 1