White Sox-Astros Game 1 3:07 Start Time

KnightsOnMintSt

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Besides "Draft Kings,  MLB's own website lists the Sox as the second game the first three games, and the second AL game the final two.

https://www.mlb.com/postseason

MLB and the networks already know the schedules, based on the different wild card scenarios, they just aren't announcing them publicly until Tuesday night (for the AL). Sucks more for Astros (and traveling White Sox) fans attempting to go to the game,

The MLB have it listed second because Tampa is the number one seed.  The bracket is in order of seeding I believe.  Mlb.com schedule on the app has it listed first.

• Thanks 1

When the Sox played Houston in the WS, up until then it was the least watched WS ever. Granted WS were trending that way and only 2 have been watched by more people since, Yankees/Phillies and Cubs/Guardians, but Houston is sort of like the Sox. No matter how good they are or how many interesting players they have, for some reason, most of the country doesn’t care.

• Kalapse changed the title to White Sox-Astros Game 1 3:07 Start Time
8 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

MLB wonders why they have ratings problems…stop putting playoff games on in the middle of weekdays. Makes literally 0 sense

Oh come on, for  years all we fucking heard was how kids can't watch the games because they go until midnight or whatever. I DGAF, most people other than the most hard up service workers (hell even they can get off these days) will be able to figure out a way to watch these games.

10 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

MLB wonders why they have ratings problems…stop putting playoff games on in the middle of weekdays. Makes literally 0 sense

It’s amazing to spend 300+ hours of regular season baseball and then basically be screwed by workday baseball games when your team finally makes the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Oh come on, for  years all we fucking heard was how kids can't watch the games because they go until midnight or whatever. I DGAF, most people other than the most hard up service workers (hell even they can get off these days) will be able to figure out a way to watch these games.

Yeah but how many people actually watch all four games? Have one AL and one NL game at 3:30 and one AL and one NL game at 6:30 and I bet you get more viewers than spreading them out over the entire day.

6 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Yeah but how many people actually watch all four games? Have one AL and one NL game at 3:30 and one AL and one NL game at 6:30 and I bet you get more viewers than spreading them out over the entire day.

They are doing it for the stadium experience as well. I personally think it's a good idea not to try and play a bunch of games in October late at night in the NE and Midwest. Nobody really wants a 48 degree drizzle in the dark.

17 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

It doesn't seem to affect March Madness.  

People that want to watch will find a way to watch. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You believe most people can get a day off work in less than a week’s notice to watch a baseball game? I strongly disagree with that.

Can I figure out how to sneak looks on my phone a few times at work? Sure. But is that really how I want to watch my team play after I invested countless hours of regular season games to get to this point? Fuck no. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I am one of those people that can definitely figure these types of things out and currently WFH anyway, but this is kind of a bad take. Work day day game playoff baseball is absolutely trash for the fans. 

My personally issue with Friday is I have a six hour drive I have to make at some point Friday. After game, wife gonna wanna kill me. Leave beforehand and I’m gonna miss first few innings. Neither ideal. 

• Like 1

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Balta1701 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic