White Sox-Astros Game 1 3:07 Start Time

KnightsOnMintSt

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

This is for the guy who complains about how much Grandal sucks

I love Yaz. Dude is just a ball player in every respect. So pumped the Sox got him and have felt that way since he was a Dodger. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

They are doing it for the stadium experience as well. I personally think it's a good idea not to try and play a bunch of games in October late at night in the NE and Midwest. Nobody really wants a 48 degree drizzle in the dark.

It's done strictly for television, the owners don't give a rats ass about the fan experience. Game 2 of the 2005 World Series was played in the rain solely for TV.

Even worse was that absurd Yankees Cleveland game in the rain last year. Also, they could easily schedule weekend day games, but they don't want to go up against football, not even college football. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, flavum said:

What’s the shadow situation in that place? Going to be sunny both days. 2005, they made them play with the roof open (at night). 

There’s no fucking way the roof will be open, it’s going to be 90 and humid here this week

6 minutes ago, T R U said:

There’s no fucking way the roof will be open, it’s going to be 90 and humid here this week

Looks like high 80s and pretty comfortable dew points (50s), but they probably get some tough glare/shadows when it’s closed too. 

3 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

You believe most people can get a day off work in less than a week’s notice to watch a baseball game? I strongly disagree with that.

Can I figure out how to sneak looks on my phone a few times at work? Sure. But is that really how I want to watch my team play after I invested countless hours of regular season games to get to this point? Fuck no. 

Just gotta take a half day. In illinois you have to give full time employees a week of sick days now. You cannot demand a reason. Mental health days count. Take a mental health half day. Not required to give notice for that.

I've got fake unlimited pto. I call it fake because unlimited pto makes employees take less time off than giving them a set amount of days. That said, I'll be using a day Friday on short notice and a leave/sign off early day on Thursday. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Playoff games should never be day games. So fucking stupid. I agree with the guy who said we watch 100+ games a year just to get shafted in the playoffs. 

I WFH on Thursday though so I guess I will work my face off until game time and after. And try to take a half day on Friday or something. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

When the Sox played Houston in the WS, up until then it was the least watched WS ever. Granted WS were trending that way and only 2 have been watched by more people since, Yankees/Phillies and Cubs/Guardians, but Houston is sort of like the Sox. No matter how good they are or how many interesting players they have, for some reason, most of the country doesn’t care.

Cubs have been sucking up all the Chicago air in the last few years, but tables are beginning to turn the Sox’s way.

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Balta1701 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic