White Sox-Astros Game 1 3:07 Start Time

KnightsOnMintSt

9 hours ago, wegner said:

Night game on Sunday is cool

It's only happening because of the logistics of the Chicago Marathon.

People with Monday Game 4 tickets and a normal job should make arrangements to take off at least a half a day now. Barring a TB / WC sweep (a Sox sweep makes Game 4 irrelevant), there will be four games on Monday. and the Sox will likely be the first or second game scheduled. Grandal will have to come back on short rest or DH as well.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

People with Monday Game 4 tickets and a normal job should make arrangements to take off at least a half a day now. Barring a TB / WC sweep (a Sox sweep makes Game 4 irrelevant), there will be four games on Monday. and the Sox will likely be the first or second game scheduled. Grandal will have to come back on short rest or DH as well.

They dont want their east coast teams competing with sunday night football.

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It’s do or die. Guy better be ready to catch a day game after night game.

31 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

It’s do or die. Guy better be ready to catch a day game after night game.

Yeah, although I really doubt they would give them the real early game on Monday after a night game. But 3 or 4 pm is a definite possibility. Who knows, it would be an elimination game no matter what, so it may be prime time.

couple of thoughts regarding TV and game times. .

If it ends up on Monday 10/11 that it is Tampa @ Boston , Monday is a partial Holiday for Columbus Day as well as Boston Marathon Day. 

Sunday night NFL is Buffalo vs KC which should be a big TV draw as well as MLB.  Good the Brady bash wasn't this Sunday night. That game's rating were through the roof

Edited by SCCWS

12 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Yes, Friday's game is only on MLBN.

Will I be able to watch the game with an MLB.TV account or can I only view it on a service that has the MLBN channel?  I just know that MLB.TV blacks out Sox games for me here in Chicago, but I'm trying to figure out a way I can stream the Friday game at work.

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

If it ends up on Monday 10/11 that it is Tampa @ Boston , Monday is a partial Holiday for Columbus Day as well as Boston Marathon Day. 

Sunday night NFL is Buffalo vs KC which should be a big TV draw as well as MLB. 

So...is there free local TV for Chicagoland? Sorry...wrong post I responded to...but the question remains the same. 

Edited by BrittBurnsFan

7 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Will I be able to watch the game with an MLB.TV account or can I only view it on a service that has the MLBN channel?  I just know that MLB.TV blacks out Sox games for me here in Chicago, but I'm trying to figure out a way I can stream the Friday game at work.

6 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

So...is there free local TV for Chicagoland? Sorry...wrong post I responded to...but the question remains the same. 

There is no free local TV for any of the Wild Card or Division Series games. If you don't currently have a cable/satellite/streaming subscription that includes MLBN or FS1, you can get a 7-day free trial from one of them that includes MLBN and then cancel on the 7th day.

I've never had mlb.tv, but my guess is that no postseason games are available on it. If you get a free trial for a service like I just described, most of them have streaming options.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1993
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

couple of thoughts regarding TV and game times. .

That would make it more likely Boston would get the late game, to logistically run the marathon in the morning.

I can’t believe Columbus Day is still a thing in 2021.

6 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

There is no free local TV for any of the Wild Card or Division Series games. If you don't currently have a cable/satellite/streaming subscription that includes MLBN or FS1, you can get a 7-day free trial from one of them that includes MLBN and then cancel on the 7th day.

I've never had mlb.tv, but my guess is that no postseason games are available on it. If you get a free trial for a service like I just described, most of them have streaming options.

What a joke the MLB has.. YAY, can't watch the playoff games.  Fuckers

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That would make it more likely Boston would get the late game, to logistically run the marathon in the morning.

I can’t believe Columbus Day is still a thing in 2021.

I am sure he will get cancelled like everything and everyone else will.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I have Hulu Live and MLB.tv.  I can get White Sox games on both for the regular season.  Are you telling me I won't be able to watch them in the playoffs?

If you have Hulu Live, you have FS1, FOX, and TBS. You would not be able to watch Sox/Astros on Friday or Wild Card vs Rays on Sunday, but the rest of the postseason you should have access to.

14 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I have Hulu Live and MLB.tv.  I can get White Sox games on both for the regular season.  Are you telling me I won't be able to watch them in the playoffs?

I think this one fits you?

Our very last option is the simplest: With a MLB.TV subscription, you can watch every single MLB playoff game — no ifs, ands or buts. There’s just one very big caveat: If you’re a true cord-cutter (meaning, you don’t have a TV provider), then you can’t watch the games live. (Local-TV blackouts will apply to MLB.TV users who do have TV providers, so, truly, nothing is perfect.)

For all subscribers, postseason games will be available to stream on MLB.TV 90 minutes after they conclude. Archived action is still a lot of action — and it’s all in one place.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/10/05/mlb-playoffs-2021-stream-watch-online/

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Balta1701 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic