White Sox-Astros Game 1 3:07 Start Time

KnightsOnMintSt

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

No I’m going to leave it up to someone else. 

That's a shame....to be honest the hullabaloo about your GameThread etiquette infraction was one of the highlights of the Soxtalk season for me.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Abreu did sit out with some sort of non COVID illness on the last day. I doubt they'd leave him off the roster for that though. 

Tweet from Fegan on Monday at 1:15pmCT:

"Jose Abreu was under the weather with a "non-COVID illness" beginning on Saturday, said Hahn.  He expects him to be full-go tomorrow at the team workout"

Obviously things could have changed since Monday, but that was the last comment from the team on it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

But here are some rumors...

What is the rumor? All I am saying is check the social media from the Sox this week. All the major bats (TA, Yoan, Robert, Grandal, Sheets, Vaughn, Cesar, Eloy, Engel, etc.) are featured except Abreu. Even Hamilton and Goodwin were shown. I can't recall if I saw Collins or Leury. Also haven't heard anything about those two. 

Just now, raBBit said:

Yup. It seems like a fluid situation.

But have you specifically been told Abreu isn't in with the team at the moment?  Sounds like you're insinuating as such. 

Perhaps Jose was still under the weather last couple days and they just wanted to keep him separate, and will fly him down when he's ready (hopefully sometime today). 

No Pito would be such a dagger. 

11 minutes ago, wegner said:

That's a shame....to be honest the hullabaloo about your GameThread etiquette infraction was one of the highlights of the Soxtalk season for me.

Hullabaloo or not it's a guarantee if someone steps on a game thread out of turn, the Sox lose 😂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Jose is playing tomorrow. No I don't have sources. I just know there's no shot he's sitting this one out.

Yeah, I mean only thing that is going to stop him is if that "non-COVID illness" turned into a positive test.  In which case, Sox have no choice. 

26 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I am not going to spread rumors but the team posted about 20 different players boarding the plane/on the tarmac on Twitter between the several pictures and a video. No Abreu. Also, no Keuchel. The social media team posted the team at the Sox park doing BP on social media earlier this week. Again, as you'll see, no Abreu.

I will say I haven't heard that Keuchel isn't traveling with the team. Haven't heard that he is. Haven't heard anything on Keuchel actually. 

...just post a lineup with a super obvious Abreu omission as a way of begging to be asked about it

Edited by 35thstreetswarm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

...just post a lineup with a super obvious Abreu omission as a way of begging to be asked about it

Right.  Big fan of Rabbit, so no bad mouthing here whatsoever.  But he clearly been told Abreu isn't currently with the team.  He's insinuated that, and avoided the direct question.  So yeah. Not great.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hullabaloo or not it's a guarantee if someone steps on a game thread out of turn, the Sox lose 😂 

Oh I get you...I'm very superstitious myself about these things...I just thought it was quite amusing.

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Goodwin had boarded the plane...... Can people NOT on the playoff roster still travel?  If he is on the roster, no abreu.  Makes no sense otherwise

Goodwin will be in the dugout if he is on the roster or not. Same with Keuchel. 

• Like 1

I mean if he's sick with anything it's smart not to have him around anybody. he still has a day to get fluids and feel better. If it's COVID he's fucked, in any other scenario I can't see him missing this game. This is baseball not the Tour De France if he's got flu like symptoms he should be able to focus for a few ABs especially if he has to DH.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean if he's sick with anything it's smart not to have him around anybody. he still has a day to get fluids and feel better. If it's COVID he's fucked, in any other scenario I can't see him missing this game. This is baseball not the Tour De France if he's got flu like symptoms he should be able to focus for a few ABs especially if he has to DH.

Jose Abreu is an absolute monster. As you said, if it's COVID, there is nothing he can do. But there is zero indication he has that, so we have no reason to believe that's the case. 

There is no way in hell Abreu is out of the lineup tomorrow if he is just "sick." I just can't wrap my head around that given his history. 

• Like 1

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Balta1701 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic