White Sox-Astros Game 1 3:07 Start Time

KnightsOnMintSt

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sounds like a good way to get disqualified from the playoffs. 

Exactly, it isn't like covid related issues are cleared up in a day or two.  If you have an outbreak this time of the season your season is probably over because they aren't going to sit around and  wait a week to 10 days for everything to be OK.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

All is well, NotCishek tweeted that Abreu isn't with the team so that means he's likely on his way and everything will be fine. NotCischek is never right.

Lol dude definitely just reads this board and makes shit up. 

Seems like many can’t read between the lines. 

In all candor, I don’t know for sure if Abreu is or isn’t playing tomorrow. That said, there is a distinct possibility he does bot play. I don’t know if he or the team even knows if he plays at this point. He didn’t travel with the team. Not sure what the COVID protocol is anymore or what hoops he would need to clear as a vaccinated player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

In all candor, I don’t know for sure if Abreu is or isn’t playing tomorrow. That said, there is a distinct possibility he does bot play. I don’t know if he or the team even knows if he plays at this point. He didn’t travel with the team. Not sure what the COVID protocol is anymore or what hoops he would need to clear as a vaccinated player. 

Did he test positive? Can’t imagine there are any hoops to jump through - Short of feeling well enough to take the field - if he didn’t test positive. 

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

3 hours ago, raBBit said:

I am not going to spread rumors

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Did he test positive? Can’t imagine there are any hoops to jump through - Short of feeling well enough to take the field - if he didn’t test positive. 

I thought that if a vaccinated player tested positive, all they had to do was have 2 negative test in a row to get back in.  AKA don't have to wait the 10 days or whatever.  Could be wrong

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I thought that if a vaccinated player tested positive, all they had to do was have 2 negative test in a row to get back in.  AKA don't have to wait the 10 days or whatever.  Could be wrong

That might be different considering it’s the playoffs. Would you want to take the risk of causing a breakthrough outbreak?

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

That might be different considering it’s the playoffs. Would you want to take the risk of causing a breakthrough outbreak?

Absolutely.  

Without him, can we beat Houston?  I say no. I'll take that small risk

EDIT: Oh are you talking from the leagues perspective?  I can't imagine them changing their rule on it just because its playoffs.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Why is it assumed he has Covid? Hahn said it was a non Covid illness. The fact that Hahn said anything says to me the Sox expect him to play.

What he said was 48 hours ago.  Its fairly evident things have changed since then.  Hahn also said he'd be at practice Tuesday, and there is no sign that he was.  

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Absolutely.  

Without him, can we beat Houston?  I say no. I'll take that small risk

EDIT: Oh are you talking from the leagues perspective?  I can't imagine them changing their rule on it just because its playoffs.

Pretty crazy to think you couldn't beat a team because you lost one player. This isn't the NBA. Of course they could beat Houston with Abreu.

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Balta1701 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic