White Sox-Astros Game 1 3:07 Start Time

KnightsOnMintSt

38 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Seems like many can’t read between the lines. 

In all candor, I don’t know for sure if Abreu is or isn’t playing tomorrow. That said, there is a distinct possibility he does bot play. I don’t know if he or the team even knows if he plays at this point. He didn’t travel with the team. Not sure what the COVID protocol is anymore or what hoops he would need to clear as a vaccinated player. 

This apparently was not implying he has COVID.

Uh, ok pal.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

oh my. pal, you told people to read between your tea leafs, leafs that implied he may have COVID. You started a rumor after claiming you didn't want to. Sheesh, at least just own it.

The "rumor" he started was that he was away from the team, and him playing was in question.. both are/were true.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

oh my. pal, you told people to read between your tea leafs, leafs that implied he may have COVID. You started a rumor after claiming you didn't want to. Sheesh, at least just own it.

It's leaves. I said he was sick and was not with the team. Which the media just reported now. Get help. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This apparently was not implying he has COVID.

Uh, ok pal.

Players who don't have COVID go into COVID protocol every week.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

The rumor he started was that he was away from the team, and him playing was in question.. both are/were true.

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

lol just one page ago you were telling people who were saying he was just sick and likely traveling solo to avoid others maybe getting sick that they didn't have half a brain for not concluding COVID.

amazing stuff.

Time to move on, but what a laughable couple pages of people implying the guy had COVID and there was a real chance he didn't play only to pretend that never happened once the news came out.

no, I said it was logical for someone (me) to also assume COVID could have been on the table.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't really want to debate Rabbit's credentials as already discussed.  I hold his opinion in higher regard than you appear to.  I agree he could have been more forthcoming, but he clearly knew about this before you, I or anyone else on this board.  That's worth something to ne, Maybe it was due to internet sleuthing.  Maybe he was actually told something (what I tend to believe.).   Did it lead to a bunch of needless speculation?  Sure.  But I don't see the need to crucify him for it. 

Glad Jose is going to be in Houston tonight, and hopefully in tomorrow's lineup. 

The needless speculation was as expected. There is no way that wasn’t going to happen.

• Like 1

Was Tony nearly two hours late for the press conference? The video doesn't start until nearly the end of the timeline (around 1:50).

Tony looks more alive and human like than all of his previous press conferences this season.

https://www.mlb.com/video/live-white-sox-press-conference-3511

Tim Anderson is on now.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

awwww, why'd you hide my sweetie comment?! I hope he got to see it before. 

I could also see your edit. There are playoffs, thread long pissing contests are for february.

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Interesting decision IMO. 

Not sure I like Lynn possibly going twice this series, both in Houston, where he has historically struggled. Lucas' numbers against Houston since 2019 are amazing. I know Lynn has way more playoff experience, but his numbers in the postseason aren't that good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• bmags locked and unlocked this topic
2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Not sure I like Lynn possibly going twice this series, both in Houston, where he has historically struggled. Lucas' numbers against Houston since 2019 are amazing. I know Lynn has way more playoff experience, but his numbers in the postseason aren't that good. 

In BB I trust.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yeah - I don't really get it.  Though, technically, Giolito could still go on regular rest in game 5.