MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

MLB talent Dallas keuchel? who makes top 10 starter money? Grandal (great signing) certainly didn't help us "shortcut" when we had James McCann. But keep carrying that water!

Seems funny to forget that the previous year he was 5th in the Cy Young voting, but OK.  Its also funny that you use James McCann as a detraction when the team plucked him from obscurity on a MiLB deal, got his best years out of him for extremely cheap, and walked away before he got a huge contract and absolutely cratered last year for the Mets.  No MLB player evaluations going on there.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So correctly evaluating Adam Eaton, Jose Quintana, and Chris Sale for trades didn't help the rebuild at all?  Especially when the sold at absolute peak value on Q and Eaton for sure, and probably sold peak value on Sale (pre-surgery and gigantic extension).  That isn't MLB talent evaluation?

Um, sure.

Never said that and im done debating someone who just clearly doesn't understand the point. Sale was MILB. Quintana was MILB. Are you gonna sit there and tell me that Williams and Hahn have been good at making moves for MLB talent? They have been bad

• Haha 1

Just now, whitesoxwinner said:

Never said that and im done debating someone who just clearly doesn't understand the point. Sale was MILB. Quintana was MILB. Are you gonna sit there and tell me that Williams and Hahn have been good at making moves for MLB talent? They have been bad

You just said they can't evaluate MLB talent, yet you keep finding reasons to disqualify it when there are super clear examples pointed out to you.  For some reason you also seem to think that evaluating your own talent isn't evaluating MLB talent, which is also not true.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Seems funny to forget that the previous year he was 5th in the Cy Young voting, but OK.  Its also funny that you use James McCann as a detraction when the team plucked him from obscurity on a MiLB deal, got his best years out of him for extremely cheap, and walked away before he got a huge contract and absolutely cratered last year for the Mets.  No MLB player evaluations going on there.

With terrible peripherals that saw his downfall coming...ill give them credit for getting lucky with James McCann sure

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

You want me to run a list of trades and free agent signings for established MLB talent that have been made under the Williams/hahn regime? it wont be pretty

I was initially ready to disagree with this, but yeah, the list of flops does appear to be much longer than the successes.

• Like 1

Just now, maloney.adam said:

I’m just messing with you. I agree that list isn’t all that great except for Moncada, Kopech, Jimenez, Giolito, Grandal, etc. The rest is a little meh but you got to admit they built a good team.

All love and passion here from sox fans and they did. They couldve easily messed up the rebuilding trades and they didn't. They totally get the credit for the roster they've built and the staff they put in place to develop. Im highly worried they just wont be able to correctly supplement the current roster. They've only left a few holes after the rebuild as well I'll give them that. I don't want them to be fired I like Kenny and rick, they could just use more analytical employees for MLB evaluations. IIRC they are lacking in the sabremetrics department (probably because of the chairman).

• Like 1