MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

But that's also because the Sox traded one of the best closers in baseball for Koch.  Under any level of analysis, Foulke was the superior pitcher.   Koch threw hard; Foulke didn't - I guess that was it.
But Williams finally got the pitching squared away and got the ring.

"Billy Koch, his wife (Brandi) and their children have been suffering from a condition, called Morgellons disease by those who believe it to be a true condition but generally thought among the medical community to be a type of delusional parasitosis, which can cause sufferers to experience what they perceive as a crawling feeling and ...Sep 27, 2015"

Edited by caulfield12

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

"Billy Koch, his wife (Brandi) and their children have been suffering from a condition, called Morgellons disease by those who believe it to be a true condition but generally thought among the medical community to be a type of delusional parasitosis, which can cause sufferers to experience what they perceive as a crawling feeling and ...Sep 27, 2015"

Gausman deal could be done today with Morosi saying Jays are a finalist. MLBTR takes a stab at other teams involved " it isn’t known how many other teams are also still in the running.  The Jays, Giants, Angels, Red Sox, Mets, and Mariners have all been linked to Gausman’s market at various points this winter."

Looking increasingly unlikely that Marcus Semien signs before Dec. 1st. Yankees and Red Sox both indicating that a $200M+ asking price is too high. (Boras is his agent.) If Boras asking prices are high it's also unlikely we see an early deal on Michael Conforto.

Owners could be thinking the SS market is saturated with too many high priced options with too few teams willing to pay and wait that market out. Cory Seager was also said to be interested in signing early  is in the $300M stratosphere so that also seems unlikely.

The Semien asking price makes it a long shot the White Sox get involved at least this early.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
corrected spelling of Gausman

31 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Guasman deal could be done today with Morosi saying Jays are a finalist. MLBTR takes a stab at other teams involved " it isn’t known how many other teams are also still in the running.  The Jays, Giants, Angels, Red Sox, Mets, and Mariners have all been linked to Gausman’s market at various points this winter.

Looking increasingly unlikely that Marcus Semien signs before Dec. 1st. Yankees and Red Sox both indicating that a $200M+ asking price is too high. (Boras is his agent.) If Boras asking prices are high it's also unlikely we see an early deal on Michael Conforto.

Owners could be thinking the SS market is saturated with too many high priced options with too few teams willing to pay and wait that market out. Cory Seager was also said to be interested in signing early  is in the $300M stratosphere so that also seems unlikely.

The Semien asking price makes it a long shot the White Sox get involved at least this early.

I agree I think Semien will sign after the lockout. I think teams are unwilling to go 6 or 7 years on him right now.

Edited by maloney.adam

Something interesting I heard Jesse Rogers say is that trades aren’t being focused on by teams now, as they’re allowed to communicate during the lockout. That is why there’s so much more focus on free agents.  As for me, I’m not going to freak out if the Sox don’t make any other moves before the lockout. Who knows, maybe the market crashes for these guys when business returns and gives the Sox some better deals.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Something interesting I heard Jesse Rogers say is that trades aren’t being focused on by teams now, as they’re allowed to communicate during the lockout. That is why there’s so much more focus on free agents.  As for me, I’m not going to freak out if the Sox don’t make any other moves before the lockout. Who knows, maybe the market crashes for these guys when business returns and gives the Sox some better deals.

I think the period now is for teams to try to convince the public and players they are operating in good faith. maybe throw their fanbases a bone before all talk goes to labor., And for the middle class and lower free agents to lock something in before the great unknown, as they are usually the ones ultimately squeezed by a new CBA. 

49 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think they will add one more reliever before December 1st.