MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

I'm still floored by Michael Lorenzen getting 7 million and it being in the AL. By the best of my accounts, he basically just said I want to be a starter, so the angels paid him like a starter, despite him being a bad reliever? What am I missing there?

6 minutes ago, Bunt Ritual said:

Waiting to make any bigger signings until a new CBA is agreed to seems like such a Reinsdorf thing to do.  

My biggest concern all along is something like that.  Hopefully today shuts us up, but the lack of even being mentioned as having interest in someone is disturbing 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

My biggest concern all along is something like that.  Hopefully today shuts us up, but the lack of even being mentioned as having interest in someone is disturbing 

I'm fully prepared to be disgusted by the lack of a move, and the desire to tightwalk this offseason. However, it does seem like the only teams getting "team interested" tweets have front office personnel in or previously from New York.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

You know what is disturbing. We haven’t even addressed any of our needs yet except adding a reliever. We’re basically going to go into next season with the same team minus possibly Kimbrel, and García and Hernandez. No improvements.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

We’re basically going to go into next season with the same team minus possibly Kimbrel, and García and Hernandez. 

Is this your first offseason in any sport? My freakin god. The season doesn't start tomorrow. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

Nailed it. Its conceivable that teams can win and win big with a hodge podge of talented athletes but for that to happen, you need a coach who can provide the right mix of nurture, instruction and discipline. The Sox could have hired AJ Hinch but opted for TLR. Okay...bad move, so now we have to supplement what we are calling the Core with players who can not only perform at a high level but also bring some of the chemistry, winning culture and baseball IQ to help turn our individual contributors into a team. Thats why I am now leaning toward Chris Taylor.

If they are willing to go up to $70-75 million.  And aren’t forced to go six years, that will be the clear end of those negotiations from the Sox side…

Actually, all things being equal, he’ll stay with the Dodgers and White Sox would have to overpay by 10-15%.

Has been on the West Coast pretty much his entire career.

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

You know what is disturbing. We haven’t even addressed any of our needs yet except adding a reliever. We’re basically going to go into next season with the same team minus possibly Kimbrel, and García and Hernandez. No improvements.

We haven’t even gotten the bullpen to the point where it’s better than 2021, especially if we have to trade Crochet for a starter.

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Well all these players are flying off the board. What are we going to be left with? Explain me that? 

Lots of promises about adding players to get them over the top at the trade deadline…when the financial consequences of this week’s signings will set in for some of these teams that become non-contenders.

Well all these players are flying off the board. What are we going to be left with? Explain me that? 

You don't know how hard I'm trying to not just be a total dick to you because I can't tell if your young or just have no idea what's going on. Free Agency isn't over yet. There's a big day of action and probably some free agents waiting until the new CBA is ironed out. Baseball offseasons normally take months and months for players to sign. Patience is key. There's a time to be annoyed and we're not there yet. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Still lots of Free agents left, every single player is still available in trade, people will also be available all the way to the trade deadline. Nobody cares what team you can field on Nov. 29th.

18 minutes ago, Baron said:

You don't know how hard I'm trying to not just be a total dick to you because I can't tell if your young or just have no idea what's going on. Free Agency isn't over yet. There's a big day of action and probably some free agents waiting until the new CBA is ironed out. Baseball offseasons normally take months and months for players to sign. Patience is key. There's a time to be annoyed and we're not there yet. 

I just get too passionate sometimes and maybe I’m being selfish. I will try to calm down and let the offseason play out.

Edited by maloney.adam

16 minutes ago, Baron said:

Of course, he is.

Of course, he doesn't.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Might have missed someone but haven't seen anyone too connected to Sox come off the board yet. Possible exception being Kevin Gausman although Sox weren't prominently mentioned as hot pursuers.  

Well Semien 

I just get too passionate sometimes. I will try to calm down and let the offseason play out.

Hey if we don't do anything today even I will start to get pissed. But the upcoming CBA negotiations is going to test the patience of all of us not to mention free agency continuing after. 

• Like 2