MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

On 1/14/2022 at 1:43 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

Is there anywhere to watch these games? I don't need the volume or to know what anyone is saying. Just to have something different than re-watching the same shows I've already seen would be nice while working from home.

They're streaming on MLB.com and I believe mlb.tv as well. Here's a link to tonight's game https://www.mlb.com/tv/shows/mlbtv-featured-svod-video-list/1-19-gigantes-vs-estrellas-lidom-4089

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I first became a psycho-level baseball fan for the late 90s early 2000s Sox teams.  

I remember one of the things I found so interesting was that the pitchers had to figure out the ump’s strike zone for the day.  

Now with all the scrutiny that has largely disappeared.  

28 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Reading the Twitter thread, it doesn’t look like the article is even suggesting this to be true.

Teams were negotiating with him before the deadline so probably most of the speculation is based on how those discussions went.  Once the MLB talks conclude, I guess there is a very short window for him to sign ( 20 days)

17 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

The Royals being one of the worst teams in baseball within that decade but still making the WS twice and getting a ring is wild. Proof even the worst run organizations are capable of stumbling into success with the right amount of luck.

I don't think making it to the world series twice in a row amounts to stumbling into success. Luck, yes, every winning team needs luck on their side. But the Royals were just really good for 2 years...and then were like, you know what? We like being irrelevant a lot better. And then sucked again 🤷‍♂