ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I don't see Hamilton getting any starts, he'll be reserved for a late substitution either running and/or defensively.

Eloy Luis and Leury are likely starting in the OF today.

why would they put Leury in RF over Engel, Engel has hit RHP better than LHP this year plus he's vastly superior as a defender

• Like 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Pre game press conference is going to start soon on MLB App. Should give us the final roster decisions. I'm betting no Keuchel. Probably will do what the Dodgers did heavy on the position players and light on the pitchers.

Rosters out, no Dallas

• Thanks 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Pre game press conference is going to start soon on MLB App. Should give us the final roster decisions. I'm betting no Keuchel. Probably will do what the Dodgers did heavy on the position players and light on the pitchers.

If you don't want to wait for the press conference, you can check out the ALDS Roster thread where the roster is listed and there has been extensive discussion.

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Barring an illness / Abreu’s status, lame if they are holding it for “competitive” purposes.

Here is the Astros lineup.

1. Jose Altuve (R) 2B
2. M. Brantley (L) LF
3. Alex Bregman (R) 3B
4. Yordan Alvarez (L) DH
5. Yuli Gurriel (R) 1B
6. Carlos Correa (R) SS
7. Kyle Tucker (L) RF
8. Jake Meyers (R) CF
9. M. Maldonado (R) C

16 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Sox hitters have to lay off his slider/curve and make him throw fast balls or walk them.

He doesn't throw the curve that much to RHH any more. He's about 44% sliders and 47 % fastball , will mix in the curve and change. He has been death on RHH holding them to a .188 batting average and equally pitiful OPS.  But you are right ,that slider sweeps from behind the hitter to off the plate outside a lot and he gets a lot of swinging K's off the plate.

3 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

If you don't want to wait for the press conference, you can check out the ALDS Roster thread where the roster is listed and there has been extensive discussion.

I'm jumping back and forth between eating breakfast, cleaning and lastly here. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out.

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Dodgers did that because it was for one game. 

12 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I don't like this, they are trying to see if Jose can go or not. The longer we wait the less I like the chances

Obviously he may not be in the line up, but that can’t be the delay. Do they really think if he can’t go right now, maybe in a half an hour? They can always but him in before they actually exchange the line up cards minutes before the first pitch. They aren’t held to what they put out now.

Edited by Dick Allen

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This is silly.

Tony was praising Dusty yesterday at the press conference. Dusty isn’t going to change anything, and the Astros (and Sox) are already prepared.

There no way those two like each other regardless of what they put on for the press.

• Like 2

We debated "go for #2 seed" vs "have guys rested for the postseason" non-stop since June, here's where we get our first data point to resolve the argument:

Sept-Oct stats

McCullers 5 starts, 30 IP, 505 pitches, 11 ER

Lynn 4 starts, 21.1 IP, 339 pitches, 8 ER