ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Are they really playing Thunderstruck??? Wow Fox. You really do hate us.

The stadium is playing that song. All of the MLB stadiums play that song just like all of the MLB stadiums okay Don’t Stop Believing. 

We need songs that are specific for the White Sox. I’ve always liked Southside by Moby. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

If there's one team you don't want Lynn to start against, it's definitely the Astros. The track record in the past 2 years don't lie.

Starting Lynn was always a bad idea.  Gio was better down the stretch and is healthy.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

We got the worst of all matchups today.  Lynn a fastball pitcher against the best fastball hitting team in the majors, and McCollough one of the best breaking ball pitchers in the majors vs a Sox fastball hitting team. 

the Vegas line was a huge trap, realistic odds should've been like +600 for the Sox to win this

Just now, chetkincaid said:

The stadium is playing that song. All of the MLB stadiums play that song just like all of the MLB stadiums okay Don’t Stop Believing. 

We need songs that are specific for the White Sox. I’ve always liked Southside by Moby. 

Oh my, that would be awful

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

In series such as these, your weakest links are always revealed.

With CWS it's been the same old thing for 40 years:

The inability to build teams that compete with elite competition year in and year out.

As whiny as Jerry Krause sounded he's right, organizations do win championships.

As a testament, the Bulls haven't sniff a Finals in 20 years and in 40 years of this current regime the Sox made it to the big dance once as in one-hit wonder.

The problems are systemic. It starts with ownership and permeates through senior management. 

My bet is Hahn will get thrown to the lions when the Sox get excused early from the postseason.

Speaking of predictable, you are right on schedule.  Oh wait, according to you we were supposed to lose the division to the Indans.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

At 5-0, I am punting this game as a manager.  I would have ran Dallas out there for 100 pitches to save the pen for the rest of the series.

Way to early to punt it, not looking good but a decent inning can change everything. 

Just now, Spumoni said:

Will never understand not opening with Gio

This is the only explanation that makes sense:

Unlikely to beat McCullers anyway, so send your best guy out to win Game 2, and with the 2 off days he can still come back on regular rest for Game 5.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Horrendous managing.  Absurd he pitched to Brantley

Analytics say intentional walks are bad, mlb has basically stopped intentional walks except for in front of nl pitchers. 

Some of the more analytical teams don't do IBBs at all 

https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/intentional-walk-decline-let-mlb-teams-do-the-scouting/

Sox have 10 ibb all year, I'm pretty sure that is an order from the Sox analytics department to not pitch around guys but either get him or let him beat you. 

Just now, Dominikk85 said:

Analytics say intentional walks are bad, mlb has basically stopped intentional walks except for in front of nl pitchers. 

Some of the more analytical teams don't do IBBs at all 

https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/intentional-walk-decline-let-mlb-teams-do-the-scouting/

Sox have 10 ibb all year, I'm pretty sure that is an order from the Sox analytics department to not pitch around guys but either get him or let him beat you. 

Has nothing to do with not walking him and everything to do with letting Lynn face him.  He had zero business still being in the game.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

On the other hand, maybe the team is better off with a pissed off Keuchel in 2022.  He has a lot to prove.  Too much Jake Peavy talk this year without make to back it up, but lots of excuses.

He’s pitching for a new contract. That’s as much motivation you could get. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Speaking of predictable, you are right on schedule.  Oh wait, according to you we were supposed to lose the division to the Indans.

I swear to God, the Sox pay you handsomely to defend them

Edited by joesaiditstrue
  • Love 1